Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Price Drop! 05 Supercharged Xtreme / Ex Cab / >300whp / $12k

For Sale 
3K views 38 replies 17 participants last post by  Just_Hayes 
#1 · (Edited)
Price Has Dropped to $12,000

I am not looking for a discussion. I am not looking to part out. I do not have parts for sale. I offer the truck as a whole. I am not interested in trades.

I have had this truck since new and have been a part of every single wrench turned on this vehicle and did 75% or so myself. When I bought it I figured I would own it until it crapped out...well I am throwing in the towel early. The truck still runs great; I am looking into something with a little more all around capability that fits my needs. I just wish there was something that is also as entertaining as this truck on the market (I test drove a low mileage Ram SRT-10 this past weekend and was bored and so was my wife - no joke). Lucky for you, you have an opportunity to own a VERY entertaining truck that is well loved.

All offers welcome
Asking: $12,000 (KBB puts it as $11,750 value without the supercharger)
-Title in hand

Details:
  • 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Xtreme Extended Cab
  • Automatic Transmission
  • 82,400 1-owner miles
  • Supercharged and intercooled with Wheel 2 Wheel Rotrex supercharger kit
  • Dynoed at 306 whp in 2008 with 8 psi - now up to 9.5 psi

Modifications:
  • Wheel to Wheel supercharger kit // ~$6000 pre-installation costs // >300 whp
  • Pontiac Grand Prix leather and alcantara seats
  • Roll pan with Xtreme filler panels
  • Aftermarket stereo equipment with JL Audio Cleansweep, Powered Sub and Polk speakers (stock 6 disc head unit)
  • Zune integration and controller
  • Aftermarket 18x9 wheels w/275 width Ultra High Performance Tires
  • Flush panel fiberglass hard tonneau
  • Hidden hitch with flip up license plate
  • Brake controller
  • Bed Rug

Typical Maintenance:
  • Royal Purple Oil every 7000 miles since about 14,000 miles
  • K&N air filter cleaning every oil change (spare brand new filter on hand) and sometimes more frequently if it looked dirty
  • Clean throttle body and intake parts at oil changes
  • Spark plugs replaced and now are NGK Iridiums (have a spare set on hand)
  • Transmission and rear end fluid changed at 40,000 mile intervals
  • Supercharger oil drained and refilled yearly as prescribed

Condition:
  • This truck is in excellent mechanical condition - I wanted my supercharged truck to last so I did not skimp on anything that needed mechanical attention
  • There are cosmetic defects typical of a car this age that is a daily driver (rock chips, scratches, etc) except as noted below
  • The passenger rear fender flare has a scrape
  • I think this is normal but never checked; the factory paint, especially on the hood, has small cracks visible at an angle
  • Scrape on front bumper driver side.

Special Note:
Anyone who buys from the forum also gets a JTR long tube header, a 3" cat back cherry bomb exhaust as well as a combo narrow-wideband a/f sensor and gauge. All brand new in box.

Not looking for a discussion, just looking to sell. Shoot me a pm if you'd like to put up an offer.

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: 2005 Supercharged I5 Xtreme / Ex Cab / >300whp

GLWS, purrdy truck there.

Quick question...did you have to modify the GP seats to fit? I know the H3 seats pop right in but did you have to make a bracket for those? Thanks!

#6 · (Edited)

GLWS, purrdy truck there.

Quick question...did you have to modify the GP seats to fit? I know the H3 seats pop right in but did you have to make a bracket for those? Thanks!
There is a thread here with a how to. The short answer is yes. You have to modify the GP seat a little to fit the frame rails.

Under hood shots?
Meant to add one, my bad. See below.
Lots of detail in that thread. Here is an updated engine bay shot...a little dirty though:

#11 · (Edited)

Does no discussion mean you don want to tell us where you got the SC? Awesome truck good luck selling it.
"No discussion" means I am only looking to spend time answering questions for people seriously considering putting in an offer. This is not a truck one could duplicate as the parts are no longer for sale and I am not looking to part it out.

AFAIK this is the only customer kit installed on a Colorado, there are a few installed on H3s across the world (per the maker of the kit at the time of purchase). There should be an R&D truck which is a black z85 or z71 out there somewhere (used in the instruction manual) but I have never seen it anywhere but the instruction manual.

glws, awesome truck!
off topic: where did you get the xtreme filler panels for rollpan?
Sending a pm.

#10 ·

Nice...Wish it was 4x4 !! GLWS

#15 · (Edited)

I'd like to know where to get the the filler panels for Xtreme as well :)
Will send a pm with what I sent the other guy. For anyone else wondering, the basics are that the filler panels no longer are for sale; you will have to fab them yourself.

...but the website won't let me look at them.
When I am logged out of Photobucket I can see everything fine. I have to click each thumbnail individually but that shouldn't be a problem. What isn't working?

#19 ·

Relevant question and answer from elsewhere:
ShortyInCanada said:
Question, and you don't need to answer if you don't want : just how easy is it to access the air filter in that location ?
Looks to me like I would be slicing my fingers easing it out of that corner.
(I'm asking as I am pondering some mods under the hood that might move a few things into the corners more too.)
Just_Hayes said:
Thanks. I will go ahead and answer since it will help the next owner.

Removal of the air filter and MAF for maintenance with this setup is incredibly easy. One hose clamp and removal of the MAF harness gives you access to both for cleaning (one more hose clamp separates the two). Since I can remove the two together (the entire straight section) it isn't hard to angle out at all. Removing the air filter by itself would be very tough since the filter has been maximized for fit. The stock filter with this kit was smaller.

I can even get to the throttle body with removal of one more hose clamp and two more 11mm bolts holding the intercooler (in addition to the throttle body bolts). The result is that you can have the air filter drying, the MAF and throttle body cleaned and most everything put back together except two hose clamps in 30 minutes. The next morning I re-oil my air filter then put back together the last two hose clamps. A few less steps gives you access to the ignition coils and spark plugs. Maintenance is easy.

#21 ·

So I take it that you're refusing to answer my question?
If you plan to buy the truck, send me a pm and let's talk. Otherwise I do not plan to look it up. If I can find the wheels surely you can too.

Now, let's please get back to the topic of this awesome truck for sale.

#23 ·

I'm going to start tackling some of the FAQs I have been getting to put them out there for everyone:

Who makes the kit?
Well that would be Wheel to Wheel Powertrain as referenced in the ad. They went under due to personal reasons and not due to profitability (as best as I can tell) and they were known for their engine building and forced induction kits for full size GM trucks. Most of the original members of W2W have their own shops now.​

Can I somehow get the kit?
Pretty sure the answer is no. I have only seen one kit for sale since they have gone under and it was for the H3 which had different brackets. I have only seen two Colorados/Canyons/Isuzus that have had the kit. My truck is one and the other is the development truck. They may have pulled the kit off of the development truck because I never saw it again. Unless you buy this truck or convince me to swap parts with you stock for upgrade then this kit is not really available to you. If you own an H3 you may be able to convince some of the many owners worldwide that own one. Wheel to wheel Powertrain claimed (when I was looking to buy) that I was the first Colorado/Canyon but that they had sold more than 10 H3 kits worldwide.​

Can I copy your kit?
No, the parts you really need to copy are installed and you won't be able to get a template off of them without significant dis assembly.​

Does the truck include any spare parts?
Well you won't need them but yes. The original intake parts all can be made available to a potential purchaser as well as the original pulley. I can also make available all of the parts I have that would put the truck back to stock (no guarantee that every single part is there but I will give you everything I have).​

What is your bottom line?
I do not have one. Seriously, make an offer and you might be surprised.​

I'll tackle more of the questions I have received later.

#27 ·

Nooow he wants to answer potential buyers questions.

Too expensive. Too slow. Sellers responses and reactions seem untrustworthy.

GLWS!
Untrustworthy is a very strong allegation to just throw around. If you are actually interested in buying the truck send me a pm like everyone else and we can talk. I prefer phone conversations with interested buyers.

I am answering questions that would help a potential buyer. If you'd like to purchase the truck ask away. Most of the lookers/tire-kickers have been asking about the supercharger kit. If you'd like to go buy the wheels the truck has you can do the research yourself. I do not plan to look them up again just so you can buy them for your truck. Especially not after you call me untrustworthy without good reason.

If any potential buyer thinks I am untrustworthy I invite you to pm me to get my number so we can chat. Many members in the Texas area know me and have known me for years. Breaker104 is someone who knows me well, we talk almost weekly.

I am not strapped for money, I do not have a financial motivation for selling (the truck has been owned free and clear for 4 years now) and I am not a shady character. I do NOT need to rob you selling this truck. I have sold items through this forum before and represented them fairly. I have already pointed out the current flaws with the truck (all cosmetic to my knowledge). In fact, my next FAQ was going to include info on every problem the truck has had to my recollection.

If it is too expensive I am very negotiable. Too slow is your opinion. I strongly disagree. Anyone interested (even if marginally) is welcome to come drive the truck and see just how fun a verified over 300 whp can be.

Superchargers, lift kits, and stuff like that actually depreciate the value of a vehicle rather than add value.
Like I said, I am open to all offers. I recognize that what I think my truck is worth and what someone else thinks are likely to be different.

#26 ·

Superchargers, lift kits, and stuff like that actually depreciate the value of a vehicle rather than add value.

#31 ·

if you don't want to answer questions about your truck, might try listing it somewhere where every member doesnt have the same truck as you already. should be a compliment if someone likes what you have and is curious about it. :shrug:

#32 ·

Last time I checked, we still live in America. He can do as he pleases considering it is still his truck to SELL. Appears to me all the details are made available for anyone interested in purchasing this custom Colorado... JMHO.

GLWS!

#34 ·

Hey Sam, was just looking at an email I sent you yesterday. Hopefully you are up and running by now. Would love to see if you got it going because then that would be two trucks with the kit that I know about. Either way, thanks for the vote of confidence.

Lots of interest and a couple pending deals but nothing concrete yet. If you are interested get your offer in.

Anyway guys, the old listing expired, there is a new listing on ebay: Chevrolet : Colorado LS Xtreme in Chevrolet | eBay Motors

#36 ·

I have received a lot of interesting offers but nothing to take it off the market yet. I have also been traveling a lot recently and really busy with work. Apologies to anyone it took me a while to get back to. Either way, I finally have time for FAQ II:

Why are you not open to trades? Surely you want my (truck, vette, etc)?
I have four other cars between the wife and I. One is a fun car and another is a race car. The wife and I also have daily drivers we like. I don't need another car which is why my truck is for sale. If I felt I wanted an additional car I'd just keep the truck, something I am attached to.

Also, if I were to take your trade I'd also be on the hook for the taxes on the purchase. Please sell your car then buy my truck.

Why don't you just sell it to CarMax, Texas Direct Auto, etc.?
Show me a dealership that will actually buy it and I will. The motivitation is not the money, I would probably take what they offered. I have been told dealerships shy away from modified vehicles and I don't want to waste my time.

Why don't you just remove the kit and sell it to me?
I do not want to pay the labor and don't have time to do it myself. If you are willing to pay the labor let's talk.

You've had the kit for a long time what problems have you had?
  • I've had to replace the s/c unit due to my error (it swallowed a vacuum line seal off of the intake and damaged the impeller). The crazy thing is that it continued to make the same boost with no extra noise. I only noticed during one of my inspection/maintenance routines.
  • I've had to replace the rear end due to the G80 seizing from the extra torque. This was within the last year. I replaced the rear end myself along with help from Breaker104 here on the forums.
  • I've had one or two coil packs go bad. The symptom is a hesitation/misfire near redline. The good thing is that daily driving ability does not change. I recommend a replacement of all the coilpacks upon purchase as a means to obtaining many trouble free miles.
  • The truck is sensitive to air filter, intake, MAF, and throttle body cleanliness. It will show up just as it does on a regular truck as a rough idle and hesitation. A thorough cleaning will fix the problem. This can be prevented by regular cleaning of the air filter, throttle body, MAF, and intake as I have been doing.
  • A while ago I noticed the fuel pump does not keep up as well (it doesn't go lean but it does not stay as rich) under 1/4 tank and full throttle. To prevent damage I started filling up before 1/4 tank. Not a problem, just a passing on of knowledge here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.