BCM (Body Control Module)? - Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum
Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum
Go Back   Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum > 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado Forum / GMC Canyon Forum - First Generation Tech Area > Engines/Performance/Tech Questions

355Nation.net is the premier Chevrolet Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2017, 09:19 PM   #1
New To The Nation

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Question BCM (Body Control Module)?

2007 Colorado LS 2.9 litre,5 speed manual:
This is the last part i did not replace on this unreliable truck.Did anybody replace the BCM on n the first generation of Colorado or Canyon.I am still experiencing no start,no crank at time.So far I replaced the battery,both battery cable to starter & ground,Replaced starter,replaced 3 times ignition switch& now the cylinder lock key switch.I replaced the clutch switch too.I also replace the crank relay,run relay .clean the fuse box,clean all connection from starting diagram.Still a click at the starter at time.If I put a 12 volts wire on the starter relay,it cranks & start.kind of bugging to open the hood to start this truck....
kidcharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2017, 02:54 PM   #2
New To The Nation

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2005 3.5 L automatic. I think I am having a similar issue to what you're describing I haven't placed any parts yet. It seemed to have started a couple months ago when my battery went bad. It was pretty infrequent but in the last two weeks has gotten a lot worse and sitting in my driveway for two days. Initially thought it was a negative terminal on the battery replaced that twice still not fixed. All the lights on come on like normal you here the relays clicking in the fuse box under the hood when it will not start. When it does turn over it will initially start but stall right away. And then at times it will start like nothings wrong. I'm going to have my GM mechanic friend look at an a few days. When I told him the problem he suggested a BCM. I will be sure to update as this is the only thread that somebody's had the same problem described as me.

Last edited by j225; 01-12-2017 at 09:05 PM. Reason: spelling
j225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement