Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

How-To: Diagnose ABS Issues Using a GM Tech2

7K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  1BADI5 
#1 · (Edited)
Disclaimer
The community here at 355nation.net urges you to please use caution and seek professional assistance when performing modifications to your vehicle. Before attempting any modification it is advised that you refer to your Colorado or Canyon service manual or contact a certified mechanic as not all GMT355 trucks are the same. The staff and the associated members are in no way responsible for any damages, injuries or other harm inflicted to your vehicle or yourself which may result in attempting these modifications. The posts and content presented on this site reflect in no way the views of 355nation.net or it’s ownership.

A 355nation How To presented by
colbyjohnson1994

Project Name
How To: Diagnose ABS Issues Using a GM Tech2

Project Description
ABS issues can be a bear to solve. Using a Tech2 Scanner we will solve common ABS issues

Skill Level
Moderate

Project Vehicle
Make: GMC
Model: Canyon
Year: 2005
Engine: 3.5L

Tools Needed
GM Tech2 Scanner

Project Time
Varies

Project Cost
Renting or borrowing a Tech2 Scanner

Reading and Clearing trouble codes

Viewing Livestream Data

Solving a P0040 (or similar) wheel speed sensor fault

Additional Information for making ABS system repairs

Background information on ABS system repair
Refer to SuperModulation and 1BADI5's ABS trouble code repair How To for information on troubleshooting ABS sensors.

http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-chassis-suspension/31860-how-diagnose-repair-abs-fault.html

Repairing grounds for the ABS module
Please refer to How To instructions on repairing ground packs for the 2004-2012 Colorado/Canyon.

http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-...fan-motor-resistor-connector-replacement.html

Sponsored by SuperModulation Tuning Services

See less See more
3 1
#4 ·
Hell yes...... I guess I get to be the first monkey to QC your work Colby :kiki:

#5 ·
I hope you also received an email from USPS :naughty: I dropped it off yesterday around 3 PM. I almost got questioned on live news, but I was in a hurry and had just got done shooting three videos for this how to. :lmao: No more camera please lol.

Feedback is much appreciated :thumbup:

#6 ·
Yes, I got the email, I meant to mention that :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.