Passlock - Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum
Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum

Go Back   Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum > Tech Area > Engines/Performance/Tech Questions > I4/I5 Engine & Drivetrain

355Nation.net is the premier Chevrolet Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
Nation Citizen

Contributing Member WCSM 09 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to BigBlue
Passlock

So, I searched.. found some stuff.. but not exactly how my issue is going.

My passlock light comes on while driving, and will stay on. Truck still drives fine. When I lock the truck up, I can look back in and see the passlock light blinking.. but I can unlock it and start the truck. If I lock it without the remote (the door).. the light does not blink.

I've only have the truck not start once, and all I did was lock and unlock with the remote and it started fine.

Any ideas? I'm trying to be proactive.. its winter, and I dont want to get stuck in the mountains..

Thanks!!

Old 12-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
Nation Citizen

Contributing Member 355Loyalty 

Re: Passlock

Have you thought about disconnecting both terminals to the battery & drain the power and reconnecting? Not sure if the BCM is going haywire
2xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
Harry...

Nation Elite Contributing Member Calendar Spread Skitz Award 100K NESM 09 NESM 10 NESM 2013 SESM 10 

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Mine did this once...came on while driving...same as you and it drove fine...turned the truck off them back on n it was fine....my abs light has come on a few times too

Last edited by Chris0nllyn; 12-11-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Chris0nllyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
Nation Affiliate

Military Service 

disconnect battery cable... and try the reset everything trick? just throwing it out there
Mid-night_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
Old Guy

355 O.G. Military Service Chapter Founder Contributing Member Nation Advocate Skitz Award NESM 11 

When I lock the truck up, I can look back in and see the passlock light blinking.. but I can unlock it and start the truck. If I lock it without the remote (the door).. the light does not blink. Content Theft-Deterrent
If your vehicle has the
remote keyless entry
system, the vehicle has
a content theft-deterrent
alarm system.
To activate the content theft-deterrent system, do the
following:
1. Close all the doors.
2. Lock the door with the remote keyless entry
transmitter. The security light flashes.
orangeZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #6
NW Surfrider

Nation Elite Contributing Member How-To CM Nation Advocate Calendar Spread WCSM 08 WCSM 09 WCSM 10 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

That sounds like its one of the common issue with Passlock. My roommates car does it and very rarely will not start. If you wait 10mins or so it will start up fine. Everything we've read says that it has to do with the key ignition module being loose. Its so damn sensitive that as it wears out it can start to cause issues. Id just say wait until you have issues, or just buy a bypass module for the ignition switch. Its cheaper than replacing the ignition switch. Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape808 View Post
After the midst of the great header fiasco of 2011, a group of random mofos stand over the remains of a former yet slowly forgotten ottp... The og of the header fiasco (rune we shall call him) walks over to a empty recycle bin of oddly tig welded scrap metal labeled i5 supercharger. The group of pick up truck drivers stand united n whisper slighty "this mother fucker..."
rune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #7
Nation Affiliate

Send a message via AIM to covered'n' ink

if you lock the door with either the key or ur manuel door lock and you have keyless entry it wont activate the alarm. you have to use the remote and then the light will blink ... when activate mine the red light on the stock radio will blink along with the security light on the dash now i do have remote start with a bypass module installed...
covered'n' ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
Nation Citizen

Contributing Member WCSM 09 

Send a message via Yahoo to BigBlue

Crazy! I've had this truck for 3 years and have never had the passlock light on the dash blink when locked with the remote.

Now my abs fault is on as well..
Yesterday, I drove to the mountain and zero warning lights came on.. now on my way home from work.. back on..
Old 12-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #9
NW Surfrider

Nation Elite Contributing Member How-To CM Nation Advocate Calendar Spread WCSM 08 WCSM 09 WCSM 10 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Shit. Just reset everything. Pull the battery and reset it all. Your Passlock light on while driving aint a big deal yet. Everytime time you locked it with the keyfob it should have come on blinking. Its only manual/key lock that it wont turn on. Oh and also check you battery voltages as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape808 View Post
After the midst of the great header fiasco of 2011, a group of random mofos stand over the remains of a former yet slowly forgotten ottp... The og of the header fiasco (rune we shall call him) walks over to a empty recycle bin of oddly tig welded scrap metal labeled i5 supercharger. The group of pick up truck drivers stand united n whisper slighty "this mother fucker..."
rune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #10
I fell over the edge

355 O.G. OG Lifetime Contributing Member NESM 08 NESM 09 SESM 10 MESM 10 

Send a message via AIM to JaysOnTheEDGE Send a message via Yahoo to JaysOnTheEDGE

what does it mean when the passlock light comes on while driving? My Truck has done this 3 times. Twice within the last 2 days. granted MESM in 2 weeks yes it has me kinda worried I'd rather not be getting fuel at 3 am and have the truck decide it doesn't want to start.

Manual Locks
No Alarm
JaysOnTheEDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #11
Nation Affiliate

Contributing Member TXSM 11 

Location: Just Moved to the Pacific NorthWest from Miami... What was I thinking?!?!?! Seattle

I just recently took my truck to get worked on for the passlock issue. Mine would come on while driving and I would say once or twice a month I would have to wait the 10 min. It ended up being the ignition switch. GM pn 15795321. As per the paperwork they gave me it says they found the ignition switch had an internal short. I dont know if this is usually the case, but it might help someone. I know that the part comes with a new passlock sensor and Im pretty sure you will have to do a relearn.
Cisco1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #12
I fell over the edge

355 O.G. OG Lifetime Contributing Member NESM 08 NESM 09 SESM 10 MESM 10 

Send a message via AIM to JaysOnTheEDGE Send a message via Yahoo to JaysOnTheEDGE

I just swapped my Keys hopefully it will help for awhile.
JaysOnTheEDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement