4wd not working - Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum
Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum

Go Back   Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum > Tech Area > Engines/Performance/Tech Questions > I4/I5 Engine & Drivetrain

355Nation.net is the premier Chevrolet Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
Nation Elite

355 O.G. Chapter Founder Contributing Member Nation Advocate Public Service NESM 08 NESM 09 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
4wd not working

I searched and cannot find a real answer to my question. I had to replace the battery last week and ever since the 4wd hi or low will not engage. I have removed the battery for 30 plus minutes which got the windows and door locks working again.

I have checked fuses and relays all fine. Actuator and TCCM are getting power. So I am leaning toward the BCM program. No codes but my shop has a Tech II scanner and it is showing both 4hi and low as disabled. Everything else is showing fine on the scanner. They are researching it more. But how do you enable the 4hi and low with the tech 2??? Do we need just to reload the program to the BCM??? If that doesn't work then I guess maybe time to replace some parts... My guy is pretty cool and has listen to me so far....

Anyone know anything about removing the fuse to a minute then turn the key to run and then to off 5 times?????

Thanks!!!!

From New England area? Check out the local chapter out WWW.NEC355.net
rsquires67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
Chicken Dinner!

TOTY TOTM Winner Nation Elite OG Lifetime Contributing Member How-To CM Calendar Spread 355 Celebrity Skitz Award 355Loyalty 200K USASM2012 NESM 09 NESM 2013 SESM 09 SESM 10 SESM 2013 MESM 10 MESM 11 

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Re: 4wd not working

IDK if this will work on yours or not but, remove the center bezzel and unplug the harness for the 4x4....wait 5 min......plug it back in. I reset mine once like this a few years ago and have not had any issues sence mine is an 04 and will engage the 4x4 high when pluged back up and will work fine. just a thought, not a promise.

Mark

Tea oh tea why
mwcky2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #3
Nation Elite

355 O.G. Chapter Founder Contributing Member Nation Advocate Public Service NESM 08 NESM 09 

I will give it a try. Had it unplugged for a minute but will try if for 5. At this point will try anything. When I had it unplugged for the minute I got the service 4wd show up on the DIC display.

From New England area? Check out the local chapter out WWW.NEC355.net
rsquires67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
Premium Member

Lifetime Contributing Member 100K 

Send a message via AIM to amoore117

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsquires67 View Post
I will give it a try. Had it unplugged for a minute but will try if for 5. At this point will try anything. When I had it unplugged for the minute I got the service 4wd show up on the DIC display.
once you unplug the selector it will always show with the service 4WD, atleast in my 06 it always has
amoore117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement