Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

light weight drive shaft

6K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  trophy_colorado44 
#1 ·
does anyone make a lightweight drive shaft for our trucks?

#4 ·
MOZ, where did you get it from ? how much was it ?

#11 · (Edited)
Yeah I'm not sure I just know when I went to have on made I told the guy at the offroad shop I wanted a one piece and he said bc of the length it had to be aluminum and that rocks would scare and take chuncks ect. (Could). So idk not saying aluminums no good but I wouldn't go spend a bunch of money on one imo its not worth or even a good investment and I'm in the same boat I'm trying to save for a tc but keep spending too much on other crap with the truck power seems to be put last on the list :/ lol one day! Thinkin about that supermod tb? If u can get them still wana tune it but it'd be a waste when I turbo it idk nvr ending haha ...I also don't think anyone would ever notice a say 5-10lbs difference in there drive line other then maybe at a drap strip?

#18 ·
Damm, my ext cab is a 2 pcs steel.

#22 ·
Every tab holding my u joints in wore out as well as the carrier barrings are a terrible design stock on the two piece 70 I would deff look into getting one then I like the idea of them bc there's no carrier I was just worried about rocks hitting it and it being outa balance and it would've cost me a lot to have one made for my truck along with modifying crossmembers ect not that that will be too dificult and yeah I think I will contact him today about a ptb did u just email him or is there a phone number? Oh also an advantage to a one piece is the drive line u joints pivot less

#25 ·
I wonder why some are 1 pc and others are 2 pc ? same truck ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.