I messed up and I need help fixing it. - Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum
Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum
Go Back   Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum > Parts Diagrams > Image Requests

355Nation.net is the premier Chevrolet Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I messed up and I need help fixing it.

Nation,
I have an 05 Canyon Z71 SLE crew cab. Two Fridays ago I had an AC problem, not the blower motor resistor, and I went to pull some fuse or the other and I pulled out three relays, the gray ones on the right side. I was in a hurry to get to work so then I stuck them back in, now I'm having a passlock problem and my truck won't start. I need a pic of the fuse box from a similar truck to make sure I oriented the relays correctly. So I was hoping one of you would be kind enough to post a pic of the fuse box for me.

About the AC problem: A while back I redid the chassis grounds under the hood and the ones in the cab and replaced the blower motor resistor assembly and the wiring, got myself a nice sunburn that day but I've had great AC since. I really think it may be the BCM because I was also having some problems with the dimmer switch and the dome light button which I replaced about four years ago.
Please begin trash talk and any detailed questions.
JT
P.S. I've been borrowing a ford ranger from a friend please help soon and say a prayer for me.
jlash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2015, 12:01 PM   #2
2009 3LT ZQ8 5.3L V8

355Nation Moderator  Chapter Founder  TOTY  TOTM Winner  Nation Elite  OG Lifetime Contributing Member  How-To CM  SuperMeet Organizer  Nation Advocate  Calendar Spread  355 Celebrity  MTS  Skitz Award  355Loyalty  NESM 10  NESM 11  NESM 2013  NESM 2014  NESM 2015  NESM 16  Skunkwerx Super Mod Meet 2015 

Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Re: I messed up and I need help fixing it.

There's pic of your fuse box in your owners manual.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #3
Premium Member

Nation Elite  Contributing Member 

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

First. Enjoy the Ranger.

Second, is/was the problem air conditioning related or is it a blower motor problem? You mentioned 2 different things and I don't know which you decided on.

Passlock only temporally disables vehicle start. So I wonder if you have something else (not passlock) related. Now if you disabled something in the starting circuit via the relays - passlock may be the culprit. That I do not know about.

Not sure what you have going on with the dome light. If you simply lost the dimmer feature then it's probably unrelated to anything as I believe the dimmer is controlled by a resistor. I no longer have ability to dim mine but the dome light works, dash works but I can't dim the stupid bright dash.

Enjoy the Ranger.
08Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2015, 12:50 PM   #4
Premium Member

rshadd,
Thanks for the reply, I'm aware of the pic in the manual mine only really shows a diagram and doesn't give any information regarding the physical orientation of the relays. I'm looking for something that shows which direction the relays are faced in the fuse box, a good picture of the stock fuse box would help. I'm pretty sure one of them is reversed in the fuse box as it comes from the factory based on lettering being reversed. I'm also pretty sure that electricity may only flow one way through the relay so I really want to get this right.

08Canyon,
I have eliminated all of the other ac problems other than the blower motor and the blower speed switch. You know how if you push the dome light button in it kills the dome light if you have the door open and prevents it from coming on if you leave it pushed in (that is unless you roll the dimmer all the way up)? My dome light button doesn't work any more, the dimmer failed (all the way bright) and the blower motor is not coming on at any setting and the passlock system is tripped and the instructions for resetting it by turning the ignition to the on position and letting it sit until the passlock icon goes out doesn't resolve it, due to multiple symptoms being related to the body control module I believe it's the body control module so I pulled the BCM fuse after following all other diagnostic steps I can. In pulling the fuse I had to get a couple relays to get the fuse out, I was panicking due to being late for work so I didn't get a picture of the fuse box and I know one of the relays is supposed to be in backwards I really want my truck working again so I don't want to screw anything else up.

Thanks to both of you for your prompt replies!
JT
Old 09-13-2015, 12:55 PM   #5
Premium Member

Also, 08Canyon, if you look on rockauto for headlamp switch you should be able to get yours for around 40 bux and its really easy to replace...
JT
Old 09-13-2015, 01:07 PM   #6
Premium Member

Nation Elite  Contributing Member 

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

It sounds like you have an HVAC thing going on, not A/C thing.

Thanks for the tip about the dimmer. Maybe I'll care enough one of these days and order one. Maybe mine has been faulty since I've owned it. I'm one to prefer a dimly lit dash and since I've owned the vehicle (I got my used 08 in 2011 I think).....the dimmer has never made the dash very dim. That may fix all that!

Are the relays complete with a couple of spade terminal type things? If so, can you actually insert them into the fuse block incorrectly? A lot of plug in devices are made to only be installed one way.
08Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:12 PM   #7
Premium Member

Good question. The terminals are not polarized in any way, there are four flat blades just like on fuses.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:48 PM   #8
Premium Member

Military Service  Calendar Spread  355Loyalty  100K  NESM 16  SESM 11 

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to t-bone Send a message via Skype™ to t-bone

Here's a pic of my fuse box mine a 05 z85 ls hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
I messed up and I need help fixing it.-1442166440828.jpg  

If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough.

http://www.355nation.net/forum/membe...otm-entry.html
t-bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:00 PM   #9
Premium Member

Yep, thats exactly what I need.
Thank you very much t-bone!
JT
Old 09-13-2015, 03:18 PM   #10
Premium Member

Military Service  Calendar Spread  355Loyalty  100K  NESM 16  SESM 11 

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to t-bone Send a message via Skype™ to t-bone

Np glad I could help

If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough.

http://www.355nation.net/forum/membe...otm-entry.html
t-bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement