Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Photography...

174K views 2K replies 202 participants last post by  Lsearle 
#1 ·
After reading/answering a thread in the off-topic forum I could see that we have a lot of Photographers here. I figured I would start a thread for people to talk a lil about their equipment, their favorite shots, etc, etc.

Maybe one day this will grow into its own forum section, but we'll see how it goes for now.

Personally I've been shooting for almost 10 years, professionally for 6. I'm a Canon guy and love my 50d, have a few different pieces of glass but saving up now for the 16-35L (drool)

Some of my favorite shots include:

See less See more
#372 ·
I saw Benjamin Bratt last night in San Jose. He received the Cinequest Maverick Award and a screening of a movie he and his brother Peter did, La MISSION. I know his sister so we sat up front with only media in front of us. Pretty cool!

#376 ·
Ok guys, I have been messing with a camera at work for a few hours and I really like it over the other I was looking at. This one that I'm looking at now is the sony DSC-H20. I can get it for $180. Please tell me if I should get the soy DSC-H20 or the fuji S1500? I am on my phone right now at work so I can't get links

#377 ·
Its not about what we like , its about what you like . Its going to be what you use for a while . How does the body feel in your hands ? Think what else you need to go with the camera .

#386 ·
#394 ·
Stars are difficult to capture with any hint of city/unnatural light within the lens' front glass. You will also have difficulty capturing the stars stationary due to the exposure time and rotation of the earth. You can see the stars in your image are blurred.

The pic of the tree is actually not bad. Your horizon looks a little off. Maybe try lowering your tripod and shoot up at the tree to eliminate the city lights in the distance.

#395 ·
The star pic I am talking about was hella blurry. I am trying to capture the star movement but clear trails. The tree was kinda neat to me but posted to get an idea of how to make the tree and the city area in focus. I can get 1 or the other but not all. any ideas? you can view the data bottom right of this page.night shot of tree in my yard on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

#399 ·
Brain fart.. Had it right in practice but not wording. Took 2 more around F5 and F9, no timer so just went a bit longer than previous. Now i have lost the brightness of the tree and picked a bit more of the lights up. Uploading now.

#401 ·
Very bad flaring in the top corners??? and darker. Not worth putting up. What causes the purple flaring? Sensor heat?
split density the same as a skylight?

#404 ·
The flaring is excessive light entering the lens and the longer exposure doesn't help.

Split-density filter is a half tinted filter. The dark half blocks off the excessive light and the clear side allows for proper exposure of the dark/shaded area.

#402 ·
Haha oh got ya on the seat. Yeah I'm only like 5' 8" or so. And as for off cam strobes I used non there. I don't even have any, just a Vivitar 383 that I can use as a slave but only to about 10' since it's light activated.

As for the tree picture it's pretty good. I'd use a lower f-stop as mentioned to get more of the tree in focus and lower your angle so the top of the tree is in the photo

#403 ·
strobe Q= The pic with the shadow in the front of the truck is truly badass. I would like to have seen what a strobe to light the ground in front would have looked like.
The tree was just a quick target as I live in the middle of nowhere and I am backed all the way against my house.I have an 18mm I should have used but the 35g was on it already. I was going for exposure more than composition, hence it being cut off and crooked . I want to have a well lit shot with detail at night. Oh and very little noise! That is why I shot at iso 100 .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.