Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Photography...

174K views 2K replies 202 participants last post by  Lsearle 
#1 ·
After reading/answering a thread in the off-topic forum I could see that we have a lot of Photographers here. I figured I would start a thread for people to talk a lil about their equipment, their favorite shots, etc, etc.

Maybe one day this will grow into its own forum section, but we'll see how it goes for now.

Personally I've been shooting for almost 10 years, professionally for 6. I'm a Canon guy and love my 50d, have a few different pieces of glass but saving up now for the 16-35L (drool)

Some of my favorite shots include:

See less See more
#419 ·
It's a flash. I have two that I use for shots like this. I mount my ancient Quantaray on the hot-shoe on the camera, set it to 1/16th strength, and point it to the ceiling. Then I put my Vivitar 383 behind the bottles/whatever. The Vivitar has a light sensor that will fire the flash whenever it picks up another flash. It's really nice because when you're working indoors you don't really need triggers, but it doesn't work very well outdoors if it's bright.

#420 ·
Sweet! I've been looking at getting a Vivitar 383 for my Canon 50D.

I have a 430EX-II and was gonna get the 580EX-II but just don't want to spend $400. Especially if I can get the Vivitar for $129!

Here's some dark theater shots I took yesterday without the use of a flash

#423 ·
I keep a stock-pile of Costco's Kirkland Alkaline batteries on hand. You can get a package of 48 for $11-$12.

I found that my 430EX-II did not cycle fast enough on rechargeable batteries when I shot indoor sports.

#427 ·
Hell ya canyonbrian nice flames did the guy from Seattle do those they look likwe his work?

#431 ·
Bought a used Tamron 2x TC on ebay for $100 shipped and got it today. This thing is MINT! No wear marks or scratches anywhere! They seel new @ Adorama & B&H Photo for $175.

Here's some comparison shots taken from my back yard of a power pole in front of my house using my Tamron 18-270mm lens. Approx 50 yards away.

@270mm

@270mm with 2X TC, approx 540mm

I can't wait to go play other places to bring shots in closer :naughty:

#436 ·
got my own SLR the other day, always played around with my mothers cameras. And I have recently had the urge to get back into taking photo's...

Anyway, saw this little guy whilst I was about to walk into my girlfriends appartment, I dropped all my bags, whipped the camera out, and layed down with the lense in his face pretty much!

RAW - straight from the camera:

and I touched it up and cropt it:

night shots are hard to get, and I hope to only get better :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.