Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Photography...

174K views 2K replies 202 participants last post by  Lsearle 
#1 ·
After reading/answering a thread in the off-topic forum I could see that we have a lot of Photographers here. I figured I would start a thread for people to talk a lil about their equipment, their favorite shots, etc, etc.

Maybe one day this will grow into its own forum section, but we'll see how it goes for now.

Personally I've been shooting for almost 10 years, professionally for 6. I'm a Canon guy and love my 50d, have a few different pieces of glass but saving up now for the 16-35L (drool)

Some of my favorite shots include:

See less See more
#445 ·
Yup all I've got for these is a white wall. Only use one flash for these as well. I have my Vivitar 383 on the hot shoe at full power pointing to the ceiling of the right rear of the room. For these I am shooting in a 6x9 room so the flash fills the room nicely.

Here's another from that, ran with a little idea my mom suggested lol

#446 · (Edited)
heres some of a drag race a couple of years ago. I had to time taking these pics to get them but I thought they were cool. I like the way the tires are wrinkled up lol

check out the fabulous rat tail mullet and the convertable rado at the end.

#458 ·
How far do flashes work? I have the sb600 and I don't think it will jump out there to 200mm. I think it is rated to about 85mm. Will a studio strobe reach further?

#459 ·
Flashes that mount to the hotshoe of a camera are usually not rated for that far of distance. I would say no more than 50 feet. However the focal length of a lens doesn't have an effect on how far the flash will fire, just the intensity it fires at. If in iTTL the camera will take a reading of how far the subject is and what the focal length is and figure out the right amount of flash needed to get the subject to the correct exposure. Obviously you can also do this in manual mode and set it to how powerful you want.

As for studio strobes, you won't have to worry about distance with those. From the guys I talk to and hang out with they recommend the Alien Bees series of strobes. For the price you can't beat them.

#465 ·
I set up a shoot with my truck and a local college girl that is into the pin-up style, but it will be in about 6 weeks because she has a broken wrist and prefer not to do it while in a cast. A pic of her then a pic of a shoot she was in previously. Doing this to build a portfolio. Fav thread bump!

#467 ·
If you like the pinup style, go to a rollerderby bout. It's like the 40s all over again! effin awesome!

#469 ·
Nice. What team does she roll with? My buddie's uncle is the team ref for the Glass City Rollers (Toledo) we head out the the bouts every once in a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.