Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Photography...

174K views 2K replies 202 participants last post by  Lsearle 
#1 ·
After reading/answering a thread in the off-topic forum I could see that we have a lot of Photographers here. I figured I would start a thread for people to talk a lil about their equipment, their favorite shots, etc, etc.

Maybe one day this will grow into its own forum section, but we'll see how it goes for now.

Personally I've been shooting for almost 10 years, professionally for 6. I'm a Canon guy and love my 50d, have a few different pieces of glass but saving up now for the 16-35L (drool)

Some of my favorite shots include:

See less See more
#1,976 ·
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I got a vintage Yashica TL-ELECTRO SLR film camera last week. Of course, the batteries needed to run the built-in light meter have been discontinued. So, I had to search old forum posts for a battery mod to make that part work. Got it all figured out and viola! Everything works! I loaded a roll of film into it and have been playing around with it. I hope to get the roll developed soon and will post those afterwards.

Here's pics of the vintage kit:

It came with the body, flash, 50mm f1.9, 135mm f2.8, 2x tele-converter and a couple of skylight filters

I held my phone's camera up to the viewfinder. Here, you can see the green LED pointing up, indicating the image is over-exposed

#1,985 ·
Just search for used Rebel XTi and the link for Amazon will show up.

Lenses can be pricey. But you have to remember, if you stay with the same brand (Canon, Nikon, Pentax, etc.), you keep the lenses. There are also non-L lenses that are really sharp for a quarter of the price. Like the 85mm f1.8 that can be bought for about $400 compared to the 85mm f1.2L that costs about $2200

#1,988 ·
#1,991 ·
Recorded my wedding ceremony on Saturday with my T4i and my 50mm 1.8. Looks good on the little screen, well see once I actually get if off the camera.

My dad shot my wedding with his T3 and his lenses, and my uncle was as well with his T3 and his 18-55 lens.

I took some with my 50mm during the night as well.

I need a shoe flash I think, would make things a lot nicer.

#1,993 ·
I use a Sony Nex5 w/ 18-55mm Lens. Here are a few shots

#1,994 ·
Cool. A little over-processed for my taste. Is that from the in-camera HDR mode or did you tweak saturation, contrast and sharpness in post processing?

#1,996 ·
Its HDR photography, processed through HDR software, then cleaned up through adobe lightroom 4.

#1,995 ·
Messing around with a Nikon d3000 and some HDR software. Camera doesnt have the AEB setting on it so I had to relearn how to take pictures manually again to get some shots. I haven't done real photography since high school sadly. Normally it is just click shoot and whore it!

Neat idea with my Airman's Coin

Shot down by the bay near me. Overlooking the bay and an abandoned fish processing facility on an island.

#1,999 ·
#2,000 ·
#2,001 ·
So I am looking into getting a flash, since my t4i has the built in wireless feature, I would love to use it, my goal is to be able to mount the flash remotely for taking car shots letting me light up the wheels or the interior at night.

I have a tight budget, and don't mind buying used.

I was looking at Cannon but see that YONGNUO can be a fair bit cheaper.

Any suggestions?

Looking for a swivel head and remote capable.

#2,002 ·
The Yongnuo YN565ex I believe is the only model they make that is compatible with the T4i's built-in wireless trigger. I would spend the extra money on the Canon 430exII as it is a durable and more reliable unit. You can find them on Canon's refurb list for as low as $204 or used starting at $175 on ebay.

Canon Direct Store- Speedlite 430EX II Refurbished

Here's a list of other compatible speedlights

Canon 580 EX II
Canon 580 EX
Canon 550 EX
Canon 430 EX II
Canon 430 EX
Canon 420 EX
Canon 320EX
Canon 270EX II

Metz 58

Nissin Di866
Nissin Di622 II

Sigma EF500 DG Super
Sigma EF530 DG Super
Sigma EF610 DG Super

Yongnuo YN-565

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.