Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Photography...

174K views 2K replies 202 participants last post by  Lsearle 
#1 ·
After reading/answering a thread in the off-topic forum I could see that we have a lot of Photographers here. I figured I would start a thread for people to talk a lil about their equipment, their favorite shots, etc, etc.

Maybe one day this will grow into its own forum section, but we'll see how it goes for now.

Personally I've been shooting for almost 10 years, professionally for 6. I'm a Canon guy and love my 50d, have a few different pieces of glass but saving up now for the 16-35L (drool)

Some of my favorite shots include:

See less See more
#239 ·
I went to join Flickr like GBRunner24 said and realized that I had joined in 05 and uploaded some pics of my old Cavy and my old Honda rancher.

These are some pics from my model railroad I took with my new camera. A Lumix FZ35.
Im trying to learn how to take good close up shots of small models. The train is only 1" tall.

#241 ·
I am not a photographer by any stretch of the means, and I have a really cheap camera, but I thought these shots were kinda cool! Taken at the 355 meat in Portland!

This one is just to show where we were!

#245 · (Edited)
was very scenic in Portland it was a blast hanging with the crew as well! BC Canada has some beauty as well! Funny how we don't usually take as many pictures where we live and we kinda take it for granted! Here is a couple local pics...for me any way! Taken on the ferry from Pender Island to Vancouver Island British Columbia Canada.

#247 ·
Thanks it was the first time I ever seen any whales, and there was two schools of them! They came up two or three times as well which apparently is rare because they can stay down for around 20 minutes before needing air again! I wish I had a better camera it took 20 pictures to capture a whale with the boat moving and the whale moving my crappy digital camera couldn't keep up to the speed..oh well at least I got one of em!

#254 ·
Applied a gaussain blur filter (to reduce the sharpness and distraction from the background) and desaturated the picture. Then I used the history brush to bring the color and sharpness back to the car. Then i ran it through Topaz Adjust 3 to give it that HDR look. Then played with the levels/curves to darken the shadows and bring the whites out. And lastly threw a little more vignetting on. Quite a bit of editing lol

#255 ·
I like the car nice job, it actually took me awhile to notice only the car was in color!

#258 ·
nice pics! I tagged myself red ball cap leaning against the fence I think anyway! And my trucks is the second victory red one you see

#262 ·
Some nice shots fellas!
I think these qualify... maybe? what do you think?
Yeah I think so where is the first one taken?

#275 ·
ya i used it do it all the time. freak people out and light my hand on fire and shit like that. you just use it while out hunting to start a fire when everything is wet. that shit burns hot and long and if used right can get a fire going no matter what the weather has in store.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.