Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Photography...

174K views 2K replies 202 participants last post by  Lsearle 
#1 ·
After reading/answering a thread in the off-topic forum I could see that we have a lot of Photographers here. I figured I would start a thread for people to talk a lil about their equipment, their favorite shots, etc, etc.

Maybe one day this will grow into its own forum section, but we'll see how it goes for now.

Personally I've been shooting for almost 10 years, professionally for 6. I'm a Canon guy and love my 50d, have a few different pieces of glass but saving up now for the 16-35L (drool)

Some of my favorite shots include:

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a Canon IS3 and a Canon XSi

I've take a few good pics with my new XSi but nothing too major yet I'll post some stuff later

#6 ·
I rented a 16-35L and it was a dream. I couldn't get enough of it in the three days I had it.

Here are some of mine. I don't edit my pics at all except for cropping and resizing. I dont even have photoshop loaded on my computer.
Yeah, I've rented it 3 times for different shoots, and I love it!!!

I do post process, but usually only for color and balance. Obviously the above pinstripe pic is photoshopped, but the other two are directly from the lens. People have to realize Photoshop is a TOOL, it is not a substitute for knowledge and proper technique!

#8 ·
I always had a good eye for composition even when I had a 3.2 mega pixel kodak. I just know how I want a pic to look. I bought a Canon xti and started to learn how to use it by taking pics and from some explanation from friends. Once they taught me what aperture, shutter speed, etc is and what it does then I learned from shooting.

#9 ·
I also always felt I had an eye for shooting and composing a photo. I see the end result before I even pick up my camera.

I started shooting for my high school paper in 2000/2001 and learned about my equipment from there. I learned the OLD SCHOOL WAY... developing my own film and exposing my own prints. We didn't have a digital camera for the school and I had an old Canon Rebel that I shot with. I learned a TON on that thing and honestly was one of my favorite times shooting ever. Mixing my own chemicals, experimenting with different papers, doing everything myself. Makes me want to get back into a darkroom!

I took Photography 1-4 in College and earned a concentration in it. By the end of my junior year I was shooting, printing and developing color prints. (Anyone who has ever done this, KNOWS its a task). I bought my first DSLR after all of my classes and have been shooting and upgrading ever since. I am on my 3rd and won't be upgrading for a while!!!!

#11 ·
Nice shots in here so far... I run with a Nikon D40x that I picked up with my tax refund 2 years back. Glass, well, I'm lacking, but I think we all are, lol. I use the two that came with the body, 18-55 and 55-200. Picked up the mid range flash a while back, but haven't had a use for it.

Gear is with me 99% of the time. The bag I use for my work stuff is actually a camera bag with space for extra stuff and I found out by folding down the back seats in the truck, the tripod fits perfectly in the corner of the cab.

My two favorite shots...

Taken from a moving car at about 70mph with a bit of work done:

Taken on Lake Ontario in Wilson, NY... a lot of work done to get those colors:

Enjoy!

#14 ·
A few randoms...

The rest are straight from the camera (read: NO PHOTOSHOP)

#15 ·
NO shit you guys have a talent!

I've always had the interest, but have never pursued it. I think this thread alone might motivate me finally!

Damn, Matt, I might have to get some lessons from you where you are the closest to me stateside!

#18 ·
Totally understand why. How did you start selling prints? Been thinking about possibly trying my hand at it.

#24 ·
Started out with having a few friends over and they saw my work hanging on the walls at my house. From there its just been word of mouth. People seeingit hanging in their houses etc. All in all, I think I have sold 75-80 prints.

i have a canon xti that i picked up alittle over a year ago, and i dont use it enough. maybe this thread will motivate me to get it back out.
for glass i have a sigma 18-55mm 3.4-5.6, sigma 10-22mm 4-5.6 and a canon 50mm 1.8
Nice pics and nice glass. How do you like the Sigma 10-20? I was thinking about that or the Canon 10-22

#20 ·
Nice pics^^

#22 ·
You guys really are pretty good! I want to get into photography so bad. I just dont have the money for a good camera. I was out a few days ago trying to get some good shots, but with all the clouds it made everything look so grey. My avatar pic was one of the shots.

#32 ·
Nice shots everyone!

I also have a Canon 50D with different lenses. I also want the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L lens or maybe the Tamron 18-50 f/2.8 VC. Can't beat the Canon "L" lenses though! For now, I have a Tamron 18-270 f/3.5-6.3 VC, Canon 50mm f/1.8 and the 28-135mm kit lens. I also have access to a friend's collection of older non IS Canon L lenses.

Here's a few of my favorites

#78 ·
i shoot a nikon d40 myself. i have the nikon 55-200 zoom and 16-85 wide angle lenses for it.
Any awesome shots of ole glory are good with me brother!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.