Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Bohner's Build Thread

29K views 112 replies 37 participants last post by  Bohner 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I figured I'd make a build thread to keep updating instead of a bunch of little threads since I'm bored right now.

Here it is on its first time in the mud after I bought it.

Here it is with my buddy's jeep on 31's stock suspension and no flares.

with flares

Finally lifted at NESM

And here's how it sits now.

Motor work is a throttle body and header with PCM tune and custom exhuast.

See less See more
#7 ·
nice

#10 ·
Nice transformation!

#13 ·
It's a ported and polished factory throttlebody for the 5 cylinder like what supermod sells but it's next to the stock 2.8 throttle body which is probably why it looks so big.

Holy shit... What happened to being busy with school? Id be spending the time with the 355 too instead of school. lol. Looks awesome, looks good to without the smiley face covers
I'm busy with school but I get 3months to get cash and work on the truck :thumbup: although sometimes I spend a little to much on the truck instead of saving it like I probably should.

Thanks for the compliments guys I'll update when I finally get on a trail or get the winch installed instead of staring at it on my apartment floor.

#16 ·
Thanks for the good words man and your truck is definatly one of my favorites on the lifted side of thingsand the smiley covers go off and on i like it both ways and its easy to change.

So hows that trailblazer treating you opie?

#17 ·
Well I ran into a problem today trying to mount up the winch I can't get it back far enough to line up the holes to bolt it to the bumper because of the black support that runs vertically in the iddle of the grill do you think it's be ok If I cut a notch in it to acomidate for the bar in the winch in the pictures below?

#18 ·
Lookin' Good!!

If you do notch it, still needs a plate or some sort of reinforcement (mabye on the back side?).....that bar is the only thing that supports our already Cheesy Hood/Latch.

Almost There :thumbup:

#19 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help Dents
The closer I get the more headaches I get haha I geuss I'm gonna have to notch it tomorrow no idea how I'm going to reinforce it though I don't have a welder or any ability to add a plate to the back I'm also still trying to figure out where to put the solenoid box. Well notched and test fitted it this morning and heres what I got it still seems pretty sturdy not my best work and not sure what I'm gonna do to strengthen it

#22 · (Edited)
Boddydropped I'll try and get a video for ya when I get a digital camera with video and sound haha heres some shots of it all finished up with the winch found this road on my way back to school normally it's locked but it was open for about 2 months for some reason EDIT:Well judging by the dates and what my brother said its one of the areas of state forest DCNR opens up for hunting season nothing to serious though

#23 ·
deffinatlly need filler plates or something on each gap below the headlights.

but the rig looks awesome! keep it up and wheel that bitch hard so you can use the winch!!!!!

#25 ·
It's the JTR(jags that run) short tube header for the 2.8/2.9 they make them for the 3.5/3.7 too

and hillbilly I'm hoping for a good winter haha I'm either gonna put filler plates or another set of lights in those gaps in the future just haven't gotten to it (i have another set of lights too) I'm just lazy I geuss the trucks getting a list of work haha but I gotta get to maintenance before anymore mods

#26 ·
gotch ya!

#27 ·
Well I got her out to rausch creek today had a blast it took on a little more than i expected and the winch did get used I got high centered and had a hell of a time getting unstuck. The jeep is my friend's Grand Cherokee on 35's he almost hydrolocked the motor in lake christy, but we got lucky and it turned over and got started. I stole some pics from my friends facebook since i didn't get a lot and hopefully i can get his vids on here soon.

#28 ·
:thumbup:

#29 ·
here are the few shots from my camera

The only shot i have currently from when I got stuck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.