Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Onelow1ton's bagged and body dropped wagoneer build update pg 25

75K views 568 replies 70 participants last post by  t-bone 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok I know I have done this before and said I'm starting a new project but this one is so thing I'm finally happy with and will be what I want to invest my time in

It's a 1986 jeep grand wagoneer , ill be bagging it on an s10 front clip and body dropping it

Here are some pix from this morning , I just picked it up yesterday

The bad

This will be coming out for a gm good wrench crate 350 that I have

The rewood job someone did was just pealing right off so I quickly removed it this morning

Some wheels I got that I might use

See less See more
#7 ·
Re: Onelow1ton's bagged and body dropped grand wag build

Here are some renderings I have found but as far as I can tell no one has built one yet

This guy is in New Zealand but I think he is static dropped on a jag front ifs and t-bird IRS

#9 ·

Good luck getting that thing apart man. My buddy drove one about 6 years ago and Jeep took no precautions to prevent rust and those things hold water everywhere. His was indoors and didn't move for 7 years in the 90's as well. If I run into him he still has the body I will see if he will part with it because the steel is better than yours there.

I do love the body of them though. Something about those body lines and the false wood panel really set them off.

#11 ·

Good luck getting that thing apart man. My buddy drove one about 6 years ago and Jeep took no precautions to prevent rust and those things hold water everywhere. His was indoors and didn't move for 7 years in the 90's as well. If I run into him he still has the body I will see if he will part with it because the steel is better than yours there.

I do love the body of them though. Something about those body lines and the false wood panel really set them off.
Haha yeah it's odd on how they rust in places you would never expect to see rust but places you would expect to be rusted out are in great shape , like the rockers are solid but the roof above the windshield rusted out wtf

I got this one for 700 so I was not expecting it to be in great shape , I should be able to make my money back selling the motor ,trans , t-case and front axle

I got a message in to a guy on fsj forum in Carlisle that is parting out and I'm going to see if I can go up and cut the sections I need for patch panels out of his , if not there are a few close by being parted out I could get them from also so I'm not to worried about that

Chris from the cap chap has an s10 he is scrapping and ill be getting the front frame from him to make it 2wd

#10 ·

This is going to fun to watch.....and im close enough to see it in progress

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#14 ·

nice dude. but I think you might need some of this....

#17 ·
#18 ·

Can't wait to see this!

Attachments

#21 ·

post whoring to say I am in for updates and subscribed. I'd love to take on a project like this. Eventually, one day, I will get the chance to.

#22 ·

No good updates yet but I am going to pick up this Thursday evening it might be my new truck to build and I might use the white one as a parts truck as there is just so much rust in the roof it would be a pain in the ass to fix , I would much rather patch flor pans and rockers than A-pillars and drip rail lol

That and this one has the wrap around tail lights I wanted and is not missing anything and runs and drives

I was going to pick up a rear window and roof from a junkyard Friday for 350$ but I'm getting this for $400

#25 ·

No good updates yet but I am going to pick up this Thursday evening it might be my new truck to build and I might use the white one as a parts truck as there is just so much rust in the roof it would be a pain in the ass to fix , I would much rather patch flor pans and rockers than A-pillars and drip rail lol

That and this one has the wrap around tail lights I wanted and is not missing anything and runs and drives

I was going to pick up a rear window and roof from a junkyard Friday for 350$ but I'm getting this for $400
There you go, that's a better platform. The one my friend has is about in the same as this one but his is the light brown color.

#29 ·

Picked up the new wag and this one is in great shape it did not start as there is a fuel delivery problem but other than that there s only 2 rust spots and there in the rockers so that's an easy fix andthe passenger side window motors need replaced

On to the pix

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.