Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

As many of you have heard.. I totalled it today.. sad day indeed

34K views 174 replies 90 participants last post by  PureNoSideHate 
#1 · (Edited)
Was going down the road and looked down for 2sec and looked up and the guy in front was fucking STOPPED about to turn.. I slammed the brakes at about the same time I hit him.. est I was probably doing 40mph when I hit him.. it was a utility truck, I hit him so hard it damn near knocked him off the road.. knocked the every living shit out of him.. hit truck wasnt too bad but I bet he is hurting..

Truck is so low it barely hit the bumper, frame looks fine but FUCKED everything above that..

so sad..

This was my headlight.. its about a foot back from where it usuallly is

The inside lip of the of the passenger side front wheel BROKE off

You see the brake pedal is BENT.. my foot is hurting extremely badly from this.. it wasnt broken .. tho it feels about like it is

what I hit:

See less See more
#2 ·
holy shit ricky!! thats a hell of a hit. i just saw it on fb and said crap. im glad your ok but that sucks!

do you have plans on buying another?

#6 ·
Well at least you walked away from it.

So now what???? Repair or move on to something else?

#12 ·
DAMN it dude. SO many people are wrecking these things. Saw one on a loader today looked just like yours. But of course here in charlotte... Glad your ok man. That makes 3 frigging trucks today!

#15 ·
Damn! Your not suppose to hit immovable objects. I'm guessing they will total. There is no cost efficient way to fix all of that. Just glad you didn't get too hurt.

#16 ·
Damn that sucks! Seems to be a bad day for 355's. Glad your ok though, and considering the speed of the impact I think the truck held up fairly well. Looks like it kept most of it up fromt and out of the passenger compartment

#17 ·
RANT (not directed to Xavier): WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO COME INTO AN ACCIDENT THREAD LIKE THIS AND FEEL IT'S OK TO CALL DIBS ON PARTS?! BACK THE FUCK OFF, IT'S IGNORANT /end rant

Ricky, sorry about the truck bro but I'll put my money on it that it's totaled. They gave me a HELL of a deal on mine though and I couldn't refuse it and the buy back was dirt cheap. Mine's an 06 with just under 78k on the clock and they gave me 10.5k for it. Paid off my loan and I still had money to spend on it. I'm not even at 2k out of pocket for repairs and I'm 96% done.

Granted I had most of the parts laying around for the front end and only needed 3 things for it but still saved a ton of money not having a truck payment.

You need any help rebuilding it (not physically lol) I gotchu homie :thumbup:

I also work for an aftermarket parts company and get parts dirt cheap, I can hook you up with that too and mail them. My mom gets dirt cheap shipping through UPS where she works I can have it shipped for you through that if you want. Rad support will only cost you 180 through my work. List for a body shop is over 400.

#24 ·
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bummed about my truck.. omg

this sucks so much..

to geoff.. I highly doubt itll be fixable..

04 with 110k on it.. I dunno how much ill get..

tho im in "good" with the body shop so even if its totalled maybe I can get shit out of it (seats) console, lowering kit, headliner, doorpanels etc etc etc

#25 ·
but ive got to say...

truck did its job.. protected the occupant compartment very well.. if it wasnt for the airbag I wouldn't have walked away..

You can see in the pics everything crumpled the truck before the doors.

truck might be gone but it saved me as its last act of awesomeness..

sad sad sad day

#26 ·
That'd be cool. At least get some of the money back if you can sell it.

Although even though you're in good with the body shop it's up to the salvage company who takes it if you can take anything out of it. I had to fight for a lot of stuff before I bought it back.

#27 ·
Exactly, Ricky, it did its job, just like mine did. But I'm too stubborn to let things go so I bought it back :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.