Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Pre-Runner!

179K views 522 replies 79 participants last post by  Say-10 
#1 ·
I wanna see some pics of Pre-Runner Rado's

#426 ·
Dumb stupid question. I'm prolly gonna get laughed at for asking this. Is a prerunner 4wd vehicles or can it be 2wd with lifts and big tires???

#428 · (Edited)
Not a dumb question at all dude. The term "Pre-runner" has several types of definitions and may have been distorted in the past years. However, to my understanding. A Pre-runner is a truck/SUV that is driven prior a race to kinda get a feel for the race course. It doesn't neccesarily need to have Long Travel suspension with Coilovers, Fiberglass or a fully prepped race engine. As long as it can take on the terrain, it can technically be called a "Pre-runner" because that's exactly what its used for.....to "Pre-run" the race course. Don't take my word for it. Other members might be able to shed more light on this matter. Now some people may say otherwise and tell you that you need a fully caged truck with sicky sicky gnar gnar KING's, full glass, pushing 20+ inches of travel on fully TIG welded boxed uppers, lowers and uprights, linked in the rear, enough lights to illuminate a football stadium and an LS engine stuffed under the hood and tell you that's what a Pre-runner should be....but in my book, that's the definition of a Trophy Truck

x2 on the COs, though as he's rocking a DYNASTY sticker, he might have uppers......... damn i want those wheels (i'm such a poser, haha)
With the amount of dirt time your truck see's, you my friend are by no means a poser! You have a purposed built truck and you actually take it to the Baja lol. I could only dream about being a part of that dude!

#436 ·
Sorry, i havent been able to get on here as much as id like, but he isnt running a stock set-up. All of his arms are stock but he did put in a lift sindle as well as for 8 inch fox coilovers with resi's. I never actually got to talk to the owner, but if i do ill try to answer more of your guys questions.

#438 ·
those are some Sick rado's .... would love to see more pics of them, specially that last bobbed one.

#448 ·
My builder finally finished the cad and now its off to laser. Full luxury trophy Colorado to be finished by new years this year. Updated photos will be posted as truck nears completion.

Also picked up this Howe 2.5 rack to turn 37" tires and some 20" bypass shocks. My biulder

said it will cycle 24" in front and 30" out back.

#453 · (Edited)
Center mount? And who's building it?

also when you open a build thread any chance you can post lots of pictures of the cage. Mainly looking at how you tied it into the frame and how you got around the dash. Glad to see you finally on here btw. I commented on one of your youtube videos doing doughnuts a couple years ago. Cant forget the truck hahaha
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.