Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just Found Today That If You Have The Policy Letter From Gm About The Cylinder Head And Your Cat As Been "gutted" Policy Is Now Voided!

And They Will Know, Due To The Serial Data Lines And Misfire Graphs On The Tech 2

Z

·
0 Posts
Sounds like they are trying to pull some illegal bullshit. They can't prove the it was Cat that caused the misfires.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I call BS. There is no way they can tell.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It Has To Do With The Back Pressure And Unburned Fuel Going Back Into The Engine, And Its Also Gives The Vh False Readings And It Trys To Compensate By Adding/decreasing Fuel Plus The Whole Head Policy Revolves Around The Valve Seats. I At Least Work At A Cool Dealership Were Ill Look Away From Most Mods. Another Reason Why Was Customer Satisfaction For Ex. A Guy Came In With The Policy And A Gutted Cat He Had The 300 Code For The Head Along With 9 More Codes. Misfires And C.e.l Would Still Be Present Even After Head Replacement. You Guy Sknow Better But To Some People They Would Not Understand Or Except That The Other Codes Are Not Head Policy Related.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I thought that it had already been shown that when properly done gutting the manifold cat won't change any sensor outputs. Weren't you the one that did all the data logging to test that Gerry?

Shouldn't gutting the manifold cat reduce the chance of having the head problem by reducing EGT's and cylinder temperatures? That was my line of thinking anyway, although I didn't put any real research into it. When I got impatient and wanted to do the mod I couldn't find an infrared thermometer to measure manifold temp at the head for a before/after comparison.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Way He Found Out Even Before The Guy Said He Gutted It Was The 2nd O2 Sensor Output Reading Were Erractic The First Sensors Readings Will Be But The 2nd Should Be Stable And It Was Bouncing All Over The Place And The
M.a.p Was Reading Excessive Vacuum. Im Not Saying Every Dealership Will Void It Or That Every Dealership Will Know But We Did Before The Question Was Even Asked Top The Customer Plus It Sounded Awesome . To Me A Good Indication That The Cat Was Gutted But Thats Just Because I Have Listen To So Many Sound Clips From Here To Be Able To Tell The Difference.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Huh - very interesting. I take by my BS call. ;)

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
can a dealership really make that call and void the warrenty?
I'd have to doubt it,especially with no way to prove it and also this bulliten came along time ago,and if this many colorados need it fixed they can't blame anything else,shit I had to get it done twice,sounds illegal.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
Absolutely no way the manifold cat mod affects the MAP sensor or 2nd O2 sensor. Rear O2 readings are solid 750mV before and after for my truck. Zach, report what yours reads for us. Anyone else with the tuner can do the same.

Common sense question: How are all your trucks running out there? (those with cat mod) Any CELs? Any problems directly associated with manifold cat mod?

Listen folks, I have a full manifold sitting in my basement. Why, you ask?? So, when I tested everything out and if by chance it did not work, I could return to normal. If it did not work (did long term testing before I made the write up), I would NOT have posted a write up.

I got nothing to lose or gain either way, it was just a write up but since I have the facts and data, let me speak...

Something tells me we are not getting the entire story. Who is this person anyways, anyone know this dude?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I've had mine gutted for probably a year now with at least 20,000 miles on it. I've never had a CEL or any problem caused by it.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I'm not buying it either Gerry. This is all just one person talking, and everyone's getting their panties in a bunch...lol

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Absolutely no way the manifold cat mod affects the MAP sensor or 2nd O2 sensor. Rear O2 readings are solid 750mV before and after for my truck. Zach, report what yours reads for us. Anyone else with the tuner can do the same.

Common sense question: How are all your trucks running out there? (those with cat mod) Any CELs? Any problems directly associated with manifold cat mod?

Listen folks, I have a full manifold sitting in my basement. Why, you ask?? So, when I tested everything out and if by chance it did not work, I could return to normal. If it did not work (did long term testing before I made the write up), I would NOT have posted a write up.

I got nothing to lose or gain either way, it was just a write up but since I have the facts and data, let me speak...

Something tells me we are not getting the entire story. Who is this person anyways, anyone know this dude?
I don't think he's saying it fucks shit up,just that the dealership he works at is trying to blame the head issues on the cat delete

1 - 20 of 35 Posts