Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a squeak that's driving me crazy!
It sounds like front end, but I can't locate it. I've replaced stabilizer bushings and connectors, but that's not it. I've replaced inner and outer tie rod ends on both sides, no help. I can stand on the running boards on either side and really rock the truck, and it doesn't squeak. I can stand on the front or rear bumper and rock the truck pretty good, but no squeak. But I'm pretty sure if I ran over a pebble in the road it would get the high pitched squeak every time. I've noticed that it never does it first thing in the morning, but starts after driving about 15 or 20 minutes. This weekend, my wife was with me in the truck and had her window partially down and now I'm not even sure if it comes from the driver's side or passenger's side or both!!
So:

1. It's a squeak that apparently only happens when the truck is actually moving down the road. I can't duplicate it when parked.

2. It's a squeak that only happens after the truck has warmed up a little.

3. Also, it's a squeak that happens whether it's raining or dry.

4. It also squeaks more on small potholes and rocks and stuff in the road than speed bumps and larger things.

5. If I had any hair, I would have pulled it all out by now - it's driving me nuts! It's been doing this for several months now!

I simply don't have the time or funds to just start replacing parts. It's definitely a suspension problem, but this past weekend I even checked for loose bumper, grille, exhaust and everything else I could think of. When driving, it sounds like it's the front driver's suspension, but with all the windows rolled down, it's much harder to pinpoint where the noise is actually coming from. I'm a smoker, so I always have my window rolled down a few inches to let the smoke escape. I hate my truck to smell like smoke! So, I may be totally off in assuming the noise is on the driver's side.

Please help! There's no suggestion at this point that I wouldn't consider silly! I'll try anything!

·
Registered
214 Posts
do you have a bug/stone guard on your hood? i had a squeak from when mine was a little loose

also my marker lights where the grill clips in would squeak pushing in on the chrome bar on the corner would replicate that one.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Warning tab on brake pads

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
32 Posts
my 2006 squeeks from the passenger side dashboard glovebox area. I had to replace the fan speed control when I bought the truck a couple of years ago and the dealer said they had to remove the dash to perform the job. This is probably a screw or bolt that loosened over time but it is irritating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts