Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an o4 Colorado that the rocker panels are just rusting out on badly. Is there any type of aftermarket fiberglass panel or some type of fairly economical replacement for these? I can do some body work but I prefer not to.

·
Chicago Premium Member
815 Posts
I've been looking for the same thing for over a year now. I've had no luck with it. And I see you are from Illinois. We have an Illinois chapter called ill355 you should join

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm not all that into modding my truck. Its bone stock except for the airfilter. I just get on here for advice and information when its broke down or I have a question. I just cant believe nobody makes a molded fiberglass replacement.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
I just used all my search methods and came up with crap other than some GM literature talking about how to section the rocker.

Best bet is the dealer or a scrapyard. Might even be worth stopping by a body shop and asking them if they have a way to order it.

·
Nipple
6,350 Posts
Hell, a body shop might just go cut the section out of a junker, clean it up, and splice it in for ya. Otherwise it's the whole fucking panel to replace.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
They would, but of course it's going to cost you.....likely way more than you guys think.

And good thing nobody makes a fiberglass replacement panel, rockers are a key structural component in any vehicle, and replacing the high strength metal with fiberglass would be highly unsafe.

I've seen plenty of aftermarket rockers out there for various vehicles, stands to reason someone would offer one for the 355 platform. Still going to be expensive to install though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
On a unibody car the rocker panel is structural but on a framed truck it's not. Mine has plastic plugs along the bottom like a rustproofing deal. Does everyone have that?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I had the plug. I replaced my 2005 with a 2012 Silverado. I had a 179k on the canyon. The driver side was rotted right out. Est was 1500 to 2000 to do it right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts