Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 04 i5 160xxx miles PTB CAI super sparkz engine tunes by waitformepeformance, oil changed regular and used Mobil 1 synthetic for all 160xxx miles, and today I was sitting in the drive through foot on break when all of a sudden engine revved up to 4,000 rpm which was enough that my brakes couldn't hold it and I almost hit the person in front of me. I slammed it into park Foot off break (no I wasn't touching the gas eigther) and the engine didn't quit until I turned the key off.... What could that be and how do I fix??? MAF and throttle body were both cleaned a week ago

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
More info? What happened when you turned the key back on? Does the engine run at 4000 still or did it return to normal? It's always a good idea to first check any recently performed work. In this case, remove and check the connector to the throttle body. Check for bent pins or a connector that wasn't fully installed. Check any of the components/hoses, that were removed, for correct installation.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine ran just fine after I remove the key and restarted it I'm at work right now so I can't just go check right this second but thanks for the stuff to check any and all help is appreciated

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Next time, put it in neutral instead of park. That way you won't destroy your trans.

Seems like it was a relatively slow build in RPM (all things considered) if you saw the tack went to "4".

I'd agree with some type of vacuum. However electronics are quite funny at time.

Somebody recently (with a month or 6 weeks) complained that their vehicle would randomly accelerate. I know GM had problems a few years back with one car series, I think the Impala. A friend had it and his wife complained several times about it, but since it was random, there wasn't a fix the dealer could come up with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts