Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin to get a 2nd one but i have not ever drove my crew cab yet.

But I want to know the one that im lookin at is a reg cab short bed 2wd 4cyl 5 sp what kind of gas milage do they get and what is the the bad stuff to look for it has 81k on it?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Since it's a 5 speed it should get decent gas mileage. Probably mid 20's average and maybe a little more on the highway.

·
Registered
125 Posts
hey, i remember this truck now! i remember seeing it with the front suspension taken off and the wheel jacked up into the fender while it was up on jack stands.

Good to see its still coming along! i hope i'm not being mistaken by the truck, but if i am i appologise ahead of time. you said you've got it in pieces so i'm wondering if maybe you bought it from the previous owner who had it like how i described?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I remember seeing that pic as well. It was a red CC and it was from Indiana so it's probably the same truck. I'd guess the last owner didn't finish it and he bought it. I think Geeds bought his bumper cover or hood already painted off of the guy that originally had this truck. It's been a long time though so maybe I'm way off. :lol:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
independent rear suspension???
yeah, but I think he said he was going to switch back to a solid axle. I can't remember for sure right now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah, but I think he said he was going to switch back to a solid axle. I can't remember for sure right now.
ya he's got a IRS from a Lincoln in it now but he said he didn't like it and wants to go back to a solid.

i hope he comes back/sticks around to talk to us more.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
He'll come back, he's just not a very heavy poster. Kind of like you, Mr. been here a year and don't have 100 posts yet. :lol:

·
Registered
125 Posts
He'll come back, he's just not a very heavy poster. Kind of like you, Mr. been here a year and don't have 100 posts yet. :lol:
Because i'm busy making my truck lower! :doku2:

haha j/k. but i do need to get on the forum more... i was just really busy with school at the end of last year and getting ready for Iraq, and i just got back from there last week... but ya still i should have more posts... haha

how do i get a cool phrase under my user name like some people have? i think my truck deserves it... haha

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Because i'm busy making my truck lower! :doku2:

haha j/k. but i do need to get on the forum more... i was just really busy with school at the end of last year and getting ready for Iraq, and i just got back from there last week... but ya still i should have more posts... haha

how do i get a cool phrase under my user name like some people have? i think my truck deserves it... haha

You have to donate to the 355 :355group:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry I forgot that I made this post. I didn't buy that 04 it was ruff. Yes I bought my red cc off of a guy that had this truck started but i have had to redo all of it. Ya Im thinking of going back to a solid axle just to get the truck done for now and then goin back to a irs after I get all of the parts that I need for it. Ya I dont post alot and I work all of the time to many projects.

·
Registered
125 Posts
well keep going on the work man! i got alot ahead of me for my body drop...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts