Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening Members!

Im completely new to these trucks, so bear with me! Went out and bought an 04 Colorado 2wd regular cab, short bed. Nothing fancy rusty rockers, check engine, seized up brakes. Didnt think much of it "Im a mechanic, Ill fix it". Got home was surprised how well the I5 ran. Pulled it into my well lit garage, started poking around. Well a good ohio truck with 150k on it, the frame is completely rusted out. Found a new frame, in the process of replacing it.

So, I have an LM7 out of a 01 silverado, put an LS6 cam in it, some upgraded springs. Got the Current Performance mounts, now trying to figure out the electrical. I did my fair share of googling, E40 PCM what I need to have my gauges all working (if you have one please PM me ). Where can I source a PCM like that? Looking into the wiring side of the swap. Im not afraid of wiring work, built a few harnesses before. Is there a good wiring schematics or a how to for these wirings? I honestly cant afford to pay $1000 for an engine harness. I could get the PCM connectors and modify my LM7 harness as needed. Right?

Here is the progress report as of today:
https://imgur.com/CS62KwX

Cheers, Bara

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ran into the problem of not bein able to find cab and bed mount cushions other than oem. Chevy quoted me $600 for 12 bushings and 12 bolts. This is crazy! Any info on aftermarket polyurethene bushings would be great. Are the mounts the same as a silverado's?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Meanwhile I have completed the project. Having a turbocharged 5.3 with a 4L80 behind it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts