Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey i'm new to the forum and I thought I would start a build thread for my truck.
Mods so far: cold air intake, 31s, 2.5 inch t-bar crank, blue interior lights, and 17x9 ultra wheels
Future mods: custom built front and rear bumpers, magnaflow exhaust, and window tint.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I started mocking up a bumper last Saturday, let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Decided to change up the design a little bit. I'm building the bumper out of 3/16th steel, has anyone built a similar bumper? If so, how much did it end up weighing?

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
:welcome2: that's a great start on that bumper build. U should start a build thread over at welding a fabrication page

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I got the bulk of the bumper fabbed up today. I've gotta get the clevis mounts welded on then its off to powder.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are some pics of my engine bay. I made the cold air intake using a how too off this site.

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
Looking good so far! I just did my own cai last week, very similar to you. I like how you painted the hoses red though. Are they rubber hoses? How hard were they to paint?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rjpoog1989 i used duplicolor metalcast on all the parts you see painted. The paint is holding up well on everything except for the rubber hose coming off the back, its starting to flake off.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Rjpoog1989 i used duplicolor metalcast on all the parts you see painted. The paint is holding up well on everything except for the rubber hose coming off the back, its starting to flake off.
That's what I used to paint mine, but I was worried about it flaking on the rubber so I didn't paint that. It looks cool though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haven't posted any pics since my most recent mods. I got myself some 32" mtrs and cranked the t bars some more, im planning on making shackles for the rear and diff drop spacers tommorow. I will also be starting on a set of rock sliders soon so if any you have any plans for rock sliders I would love to see them.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts