Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

05 Xtreme w/ 20s

For Sale 
735 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  FrEaK_aCcIdEnT 
#1 · (Edited)
2005- Chevy Colorado Xtreme 3.5L automatic with 222k miles. The truck runs great, 95% of the miles are from my 67 mile commute each way on country highways! All mechanical parts are original on this truck except for the belltech 2” lowering kit. I have changed the oil every 4-5k miles at the local jiffy lube with synthetic oil.
I also installed a kenwood touch screen dvd/radio with blue tooth and navigation. When I first bought the truck I had grey leather seats installed. The truck also has a steel 2” cowl hood and an extang tonneau cover to keep things dry. To go along with the 2-tone paint job the windows are tinted 20%, and while I was at a car show a “paint booth/pin striper” talked to me and we ended up deciding on the green cross stich pinstripe to break up the 2 colors.
This truck starts right up for me every time. I love this truck but I needed a crew cab to be able to fit the car seat for the new baby bay. So I went out and found an 06 xtreme crew cab. The truck is 9 years old and used as an everyday vehicle. I have kept the quality of the truck up as much as possible. This truck does come with a full disclosure so you know what you are getting. The windshield needs to be replaced; I have a quote in hand for $232 installed. The passenger seat and front dash have excessive wear from me putting my wheelchair in and out. Below the driver’s door I put a piece of clear plastic on it when I bought the truck to protect the paint from the wheelchair. The plastic can come off I just can’t guarantee what the rocker will look like. Lastly one fog light did fall out somewhere. Yes, it sounds funny, but I have no idea where it is and I have not replaced it. Right now I have the stock extreme wheels on the truck but I am keeping them. The truck will come with 20” Cattivo 724 wheels. They are chrome with black inserts. You will need to purchase tires within 10-15k miles. You can see in the one picture I painted the rims with plastidip to see what black wheels would look like. I have since taken the plasti dip off as you can see from the pictures.
I will take the hand controls out of the truck before I sell it if they are not needed.
Kelly Blue Book for this truck is $5900 in “fair” condition. Since you will need tires and a windshield to pass inspection I am asking $4900. This truck will be sold as-is. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Thanks,
Robby

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I will tell you, if you have no payment and insurance is not expensive, I would keep it. I regret gitting rid of my high mileage ZQ8 4.3 S10. It too was all HWY miles. Got 22.5 mpg average. Even though I now have a 3LT ZQ8 colorado, I still miss my S10. It could have been my daily beater with liability insurance for $29/month. It would have allowed me to ot worry about having a vehicle down for a day or week.

I have a 2 year old and I understand the situation. I sold a Ducati 848 and a Suzuki SFV650 and my skydiving rig before my son was born. Times may change, but I wouldn't trade my son for any of it back.

#7 ·
FrEaK- that makes a ton of sense.. and I should keep the truck since I was looking at getting a used accord just to drive to and from work... doesn't really make sense to take on another car payment just to get better gas mileage when the car payment will cost more than the money i will save in fuel...

#15 ·
I know what you mean. We want 1 more, but that is the limit for the Crew Cab. I dont think 3 car seats will fit. I got my son the Recaro Performance Sport. If our next one is a girl, then she gets a pink one when she is r3ady for a forward facing one. This one has the widest range for weight and height. Plus it has the best side impact protection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.