Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 canyon has been a problem since i let it set for a week back in the spring, its been one problem after another, now i have this, when it has set for around 8 hours or so if i start it and put it in gear , give it gas it will get sluggish and has no get up and go not matter where the pedal is for about 5 seconds then it picks up and runs fine all day until it sits for a long period. i replaced the fuel pedal sensor, water temp sensor, tried a different throttle body. it has its third fuel pump in it now. it was replaced over a year back, first two worked but both lost the fuel gauge sensor telling me how much fuel was in tank., i replaced all the injectors two weeks ago with new ones, it has 190k miles, no other issues , no codes.the last code i had was a cylinder 4 misfire, replaced the coil pack now that code is gone.just about ever sensor on it has been replaced. do any of you think the fuel pump is loosing its prime for a few seconds or what else could it be ? the catalytic converter seems fine, if it was the dreaded valve problem would it not run rough all the time ? as in my last post months back it does nave to weaker cylinders, i do not remember the numbers, but the mechanic said he did not think they were a problem. with no codes i am at a loss, if needed, ill drop the tank and replace the fuel pump again if that is what anyone thinks is the problem. it is a gm delco brand.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would put a fuel pressure gauge on it and test the pressure to see if it bleeds down after it builds initial pressure. If it does, chances are it's a bad pump again or you have a leak somewhere in the system. If you cycle the key a couple of times before starting to "prime " the pump, and it works better, it will also give you an indication that fuel pressure is bleeding down

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the gauge shows 55 at switch on, when started it goes 59 to 60 and stays there, it will drop about 1 psi or so when you floor it. so i do not think its the fuel pump. however if you and others think it is, its not a big problem to drop the tank and get a warranty replacement.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That looks like it is well within spec. My issue was more having you see if the pressure bleeds down quickly after turning off the key. If so, it could be the pump. If not, you can eliminate the fuel pump as a cause

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
okay i hooked the gauge up today, turned on ignition then back off, set at 52 psi 20 minutes later its 44 psi, so i think you have solved my problem, looks like a fuel pump will be removed and exchanged next week when i am off, i dread it, but it will be the third time so i know what to do. thank you ajluzi1957 also i checked fuel lines, there is no fuel leaking from anywhere, top of the tank is dry. where i park on concrete is always dry, so i am under the assumption its the fuel pump

1 - 5 of 5 Posts