Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 canyon has been a problem since i let it set for a week back in the spring, its been one problem after another, now i have this, when it has set for around 8 hours or so if i start it and put it in gear , give it gas it will get sluggish and has no get up and go not matter where the pedal is for about 5 seconds then it picks up and runs fine all day until it sits for a long period. i replaced the fuel pedal sensor, water temp sensor, tried a different throttle body. it has its third fuel pump in it now. it was replaced over a year back, first two worked but both lost the fuel gauge sensor telling me how much fuel was in tank., i replaced all the injectors two weeks ago with new ones, it has 190k miles, no other issues , no codes.the last code i had was a cylinder 4 misfire, replaced the coil pack now that code is gone.just about ever sensor on it has been replaced. do any of you think the fuel pump is loosing its prime for a few seconds or what else could it be ? the catalytic converter seems fine, if it was the dreaded valve problem would it not run rough all the time ? as in my last post months back it does nave to weaker cylinders, i do not remember the numbers, but the mechanic said he did not think they were a problem. with no codes i am at a loss, if needed, ill drop the tank and replace the fuel pump again if that is what anyone thinks is the problem. it is a gm delco brand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the gauge shows 55 at switch on, when started it goes 59 to 60 and stays there, it will drop about 1 psi or so when you floor it. so i do not think its the fuel pump. however if you and others think it is, its not a big problem to drop the tank and get a warranty replacement.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
okay i hooked the gauge up today, turned on ignition then back off, set at 52 psi 20 minutes later its 44 psi, so i think you have solved my problem, looks like a fuel pump will be removed and exchanged next week when i am off, i dread it, but it will be the third time so i know what to do. thank you ajluzi1957 also i checked fuel lines, there is no fuel leaking from anywhere, top of the tank is dry. where i park on concrete is always dry, so i am under the assumption its the fuel pump

1 - 3 of 3 Posts