Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2006 Colorado 2.8 2wd, with an AR5 I’m swapping with a LY6 6.0 (2008 Silverado 2500hd). I’ll be using a wiring harness provided from Current performance wiring as well as engine mounts. I was planning on using a t56 but I can’t seem to find one in good condition under 3000. So I decided to keep the ar5 and order a stage 2 clutch kit from Fabbot. I’ll also be using a flexalite 180 electric fan. Only thing I’m unsure about is what long tube headers will work without me having to dent up. I’ve heard Doug Thorly is the way to go but I can only find reviews from people running 09+ Colorado’s with the wider front frame. Has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've never tried it, but I just wanted to pop in and say that bumper is sick!!! Did you make it yourself?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I didn’t trust myself welding just yet so I had a shop in California manufacture and weld it on to the frame for me! It was around $450. And the wheels are pro comp rock crawlers and I had cooper discoverer AT3s in the front and BF Goodrich KM2s in the back

1 - 4 of 4 Posts