Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I'll cut to the chase, 2006 z71 3.5 Colorado. 170k miles Threw a rod bearing had a mean knock. Got the pan off just enough to see rods 4 & 5, number 5 rod was the done. So this left me with a couple choices, new engine, rebuild engine, or new car.

I decided to rebuild the engine....
Was hoping to see if I could get advice on where to get parts for the engine. Haven't taken the engine part yet so I don't know the extent the damage. There possibly whole engine rebuild kits?

My plan is to rebuild the engine and sell it. I know sad saying that on this fourm, she has been good to me but I think I'll let some else enjoy her.

I'm located is so cali

Anything to help out will be gladly appreciative

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
There are no engine rebuild kits for our truck that I know of. Only way there might be is through a dealership and at that point you might as well just do a swap for a junkyard 3.5 or 3.7. A swap would probably save money and time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to hit up the junkyards but don't have time. Need to make time. Anyone seen some 3.5s at any so cal yards?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Rock auto had everything I needed to rebuild the 07 3.7 that I got. Also had .02 bored over piston and rings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts