Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having some starting issues.

It has happened 3 times now, once back in Dec, and twice this week.

On monday I am getting off work, and I go to start my truck, and the engine turns over, but it wont catch. Now this happened back in Dec, and I wait 20 min, and it started. Well either way I thought it was the battery, so I called over security who can jump me, but it took 20 minutes for them to come, so it started up with a jumper pack anyways.

Then Wednesday, I go to start the truck in my garage same thing. I hook up the jumper pack no go... I have my roommate pull his car over, and try to jump it, no go, I wait the 20 min

It sounds like its flooded, but I thought our trucks could not flood. I have ruled out battery. It started just fine between the monday and wednesday issues (started about 4 times). and has been good since. *knock on wood*

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Anytime i've had starting issues in this truck it was either weak battery OR when the misfiring was getting bad before I had the exhaust valve springs replaced the first time and then when it was getting bad AGAIN when they replaced the heads.

·
Registered
563 Posts
if its flooding its most likely leaking injector/s. if you really think its flooding check fuel pressure. if it holds after priming youre ok. if it drops then you have to find where the leak is.

·
Registered
587 Posts
any lights on? sounds like the security system is acting up.

mine only did this once to me and i knew what caused it......lightning!

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
I would say either flooding..or passlock. Do you get the stupid red lock to come on on your dash?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After playing around, I found out that it is PassLock screwing me over, I did not notice it, when pass lock is "active" the light flashes, otherwise its solid...(until truck is started)

So my cure of waiting 15min is all I can do until I get passlock disabled.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
11:01:20 PM gerry: I think I remember your thread on 355 about it.... that sucks
11:01:40 PM gerry: sounds like a passlock thing (just a guess)
11:01:45 PM WwRGSwW: Naw
11:01:49 PM WwRGSwW: it was not pass lock
11:01:54 PM WwRGSwW: as the engine was trying to turn over
Damnit! you were right!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts