Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to attempt to finish piecing my 3.7 back together. I have the man a complete bottom end and I got back a rotating assembly and boxes of parts. I'm look for insight from people who have pulled these engines apart along with if someone could get me the schematics for the front and rear covers. It's only letting me upload one pic per post for some reason. On the back of the block on the driver side there's a cap with what looks to be a broken bolt in the center. I should have the head sometime this month so I'll hopefully have it complete when it shows up and is bolted on.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pic 2

Attachments

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pic 3. This is opposite the balancing shaft.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what looks like it's broken in the middle? The guy who rebuild it said he thought it may be a specialty bolt or something.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Where did you get the block at? I blew a golfball sized hole in mine and Im tryin to find one

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the whole engine from a member. It had dropped a valve. Head was junk.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
not doing the V8 swap anymore i guess?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ugh Im tryin to find a core block after I found my conrod and bearings and piston head chunks in my oil pan as well as a golfball sized hole in the block

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope. No v8 swap for me. I'll have like $1300ish in this one completely rebuilt and bored 20 over. Once I figure out how to get this back together ima swap it in my truck. Going Sunday to get a engine stand and lift.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts