Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Canyon SL without fog lamps. Intermittently, the dash lights will not come on. The HVAC back lights also flicker at time. I suspect the headlight switch, but I can't find the one for my truck. The switch I'm looking for has one button for the dome light and one button for the bed light. It is out of stock everywhere.

My question is, can I use a switch that has the button for fog lamps as well as the ones for the dome and bed lights? That switch is available. Are the connectors compatible?

If the switch for a fog lamp equipped truck works for my application, can I then can I add fog lights and use the fog lamp button to signal a relay to power them on?
If so, that would kill two birds with one stone: fix might lights and upgrade to fogs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2007 Canyon SL without fog lamps. Intermittently, the dash lights will not come on. The HVAC back lights also flicker at time. I suspect the headlight switch, but I can't find the one for my truck. The switch I'm looking for has one button for the dome light and one button for the bed light. It is out of stock everywhere.

My question is, can I use a switch that has the button for fog lamps as well as the ones for the dome and bed lights? That switch is available. Are the connectors compatible?

If the switch for a fog lamp equipped truck works for my application, can I then can I add fog lights and use the fog lamp button to signal a relay to power them on?
If so, that would kill two birds with one stone: fix might lights and upgrade to fogs.
If you can locate a switch that also has the fog light button, it should be compatible. The connector is the same, it is just missing the wires for the fogs when not equipped. I'm that case, I don't see why you couldn't then add fog lights using that switch, assuming you have some understanding of electrical systems. Note: the information I provided is based on a 2006 Canyon. HTH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts