Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have this mod yet before i fork out almost 300 bones? is it worth it or does anyone know of the cheapest place to get one?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know but i think my 08 has a flat panel filter unlike previous years.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx man! does it perform as good though?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE:
This mod can't be done to the '08 stock hose connects to the top of the air box see picture. I guess you could cut up your air box? I don't want to do that.

Attachments

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
**I am not 100% sure the 4cly 08 mass air flow sensor is the same as the 5cly 08 sensor but it sure does look like it is. If so then you could probley do this....**

Buy this for 75.00
eBay Motors: 04-07 COLORADO/CANYON 2.8L AIR INTAKE FREE K&N FILTER (item 260198493290 end time Jan-04-08 00:02:30 PST)

or this one for $105.00
eBay Motors: 04 05 Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 3.5L Cold Air Intake (item 230207683986 end time Jan-02-08 12:24:51 PST)

Then buy this adapter for $25.00 to mount your 08 sensor on a 06 intake.

Contact The Wolf here to purchase those adapters. 355Nation - View Profile: The Wolf!

Pics below are for refrence when mounting the A.I.R. systems hose that is attached to you air box lid.

Hope this helps you save some money.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like you can still do it...if you compare the mass airflow housing on yours to the mass airflow housing on the previous years the only real difference is where and how the sensor is designed. The design of the air box really has no effect on making your own 'custom intake' due to there being no modifications to the air box.

As for performance gains I am not sure if anyone has done a comparison to see what the intake air temp difference is between an full after market intake w/ a heat shield and a stock sealed air box. I would think the sealed air box would provide lower intake air temps. Until someone does a comparison with that data it's hard to tell...
If you look closer the '08 MAF housing connects to the upper half of the air box as opposed to previous years being attached to the lower half. gues if i want to save money i'll have to buy the 2.8 intake and get an adapter from the wolf. thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
something I just noticed on the 07-08 K&N I4 intake, its the same intake as the 04-06 look at the install instructions(http://www.kandn.com/instructions/63-3064.pdf), it come with a K&N adapter plate like the one The WOLF makes haha.

OK so here is the question I have now which intakes get rid of the big ugly resonator box?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx Brewer

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
I would get this one though CLICK HERE Its a direct copy of the aem for less than half the price. Then when you get some xtra cash buy a better filter for it.

I dont know if the cheaper one comes with the heat sheild. Maby contact him and ask.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
One member bout one of the ebay intakes to run with the ssk plate. He should have it installed very soon. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the recomendation brewer15650.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts