Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys I need to change my pads so im just going to do the whole upgrade :lol:
Looking for a good set of slotted rotors, no dimples. I was also looking for some good brake pads. Keep in mind I autox the truck on the regular(ill be going again on july 13) so im looking for the bestbraking possible without going with a expensive big brake kit. So whats my best option?

I will also be getting stainless braided lines and performance brake fluid

·
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im looking into the powerstop slotted rotors and maybe the Ebc yellow stuff pads

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
I got mine as a set with the drilled and slotted rotors, ceramic pads for towing, and the dust shields for less than $225 if I remember right. I got my calipers from another member on here for cheap

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well they didnt make the powerstop slotted rotors for 09+ so I went all out and bought a set of ebc usr slotted rotors

With the ebc red stuff pads (they are also a low dust pad so I can keep my wheels clean). The set up with still be a daily setup but is aggressive enough to give me a better advantage than stock on the autox track. Next up is calipers that im working on buying asap and then the Goodridge ss brake lines. I should have it all on before the next autox solo event on July13

·
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just bought 2 Centric remanufactured calipers for 09+ for $55 each shipping included

·
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still have to do more reading but how necessary are the 09+ dust sheilds that go behind the rotors?

·
355 Parts Hoarder
6,842 Posts
Nice.

The 09+ dust shields are not really needed, you can trim the rolled lip off your current shield. So the rotor will clear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts