trying today to pre assembly my hubs and rotors and they just won't fit

any ideas?

seems is hub is a little too big or the rotors is a little too small

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry

when i go to assembly the rotor hub assembly after feeding through ABS wire and trying to mount the rotor to hub it seems like the rotor wasn't cut out big enough for the hub to slide through

grabbed the pic from the how to

and when the rotor goes down it won't go back the flange where i mounts to the spindle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spindles are stock for now
but the CST's i will be running fit all model years

I'm running a 06 hub with 09 rotor

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Fixed my other post I misunderstood your issue from reading too fast. I thought the rotor was hitting the spindle as you were installing the hub to the spindle.

Also how much does it seem to be off? You could just have a sloppy casting on the hub, if it's minimal just file it until it fits.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is how its stuck

Attachments

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Looks like those rotors were casted badly without enough clearance. I would return them and buy them from someone else.

The flange on the hub is the same for all years so it has to be a manufacturer flaw from the maker of the rotor. Bring the hub in and explain when you return them so they can call and alert the manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
What brand rotors did you use so others can avoid this problem?

Not only is there a casting issue the mounting holes appear to be off center.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Are both the rotors and the hub supposed to have the bolt hole threaded, seems like that would cause a problem bolting them together.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just the rotor is threaded for the rotor to hub mounting and then the hub i threaded in the case of hub to spindle mount

and i used Centric Rotors

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
I have seen this issue from centric rotors before. Those two rotor castings are awful. Spend a little more money and get some better ones. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so
i dove deeper and found that the Z71 hubs at my local orielly fit
looks like imma have to go with them

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
I would still swap those rotors back out, the holes on them are off center on the flange and look awful. They shouldn't give you any trouble returning them.

Also if you are using z71 make sure they are 2wd the 4wd will fall apart in a couple days without the cv and axle nut preloading them.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i just picked up a z71 set

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i tried 6 other sets of Z85 hubs and no avail
i tried those hubs with the rotors at those stores as well as mine n no go

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
The rotors are definitely the issue. Even if you find a hub they fit on, I suspect they will not run true and cause vibration while braking because of the way the bolt pattern is set in comparison to the stopping surface.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts