Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 09 2wd, front left wheel bearing needs replaced.

Did some searching and found posts about the ABS could be tricky to get off the hub and either get a new sensor or with one included.
When looking at wheel bearings 2009 CHEVROLET COLORADO 2.9L L4 Brake & Wheel Hub Parts | RockAuto some say without ABS Sensor
(if anyone could comment on what would be worth getting, that be great I have no clue on brands / quality here.)

When I look at the ABS: 2009 CHEVROLET COLORADO 2.9L L4 ABS Wheel Speed Sensor | RockAuto
all but one are just long wires (no ring)

This video
shows for only 04-08
The guides and posts here are also for the earlier years.

Is the ABS different 09+?
Am I able to swap it over?
What am I looking for?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes the ABS is different on 09'+. The ABS sensor inserts into the knuckle and is retained by a single bolt, an entirely different setup from the earlier version.

Personally I only use either MOOG or AC Delco suspension /drive components.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the ABS is different on 09'+. The ABS sensor inserts into the knuckle and is retained by a single bolt, an entirely different setup from the earlier version.
So if my current ABS is working there should be no need to get a wheel bearing hub with sensor?

·
Registered
74 Posts
On some sites especially RockAuto, they list early and late types of bearing/hub's together, if the listing states with ABS then it isn't the correct type. And you are correct, if you have no current issues with the ABS system there is no need for a new sensor. Your vehicle does not have the sensor assembly on the hub, but a sensor in the knuckle and on the CV axle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts