Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I'm moving this to the street/strip/autoX/offroad forum.

My trucks personal best last year was a [email protected] with K&N FIPK, PCM4Less tune, and a Jet Servo. This year I've only gone twice, my best was a [email protected] Mods at that time were a gutted manifold cat, aftermarket muffler w/stock pipes, K&N drop in, PCM4Less tune, and Jet Servo. I probably only have about $200 in performance mods. I got rid of the K&N FIPK because I drive a lot and got tired of the extra noise and not being able to clean my engine bay w/out covering the filter. I'll probably try to make it out in October before they close to take advantage of the cooler weather and test my new intake setup if I ever finish making it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have a colorado, but i do have a fipk and i have a pre filter which allows me to pressure wash my eng bay without worry

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
thats cool... im ashamed of my 1/4 times but i had ALOT of extra weight from my system/tow set up etc.... lol but i got a 16.4 launching at like 1500rpms, I have I5 5spd reg cab

·
Registered
845 Posts
thats cool... im ashamed of my 1/4 times but i had ALOT of extra weight from my system/tow set up etc.... lol but i got a 16.4 launching at like 1500rpms, I have I5 5spd reg cab
dont feel bad dude. by my house we got a 1/8 mile track and my best time was 10.80 or 10.88 something like that. so when you translate that it equals like 16 something in the 1/4. i got I5 auto ext cab w/ 3.73. 18" wheels tow pack all the bullshit too dude.

:lol:

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
oh and also 90 degree + temps w/ 100% + humidity ratings!!! its just horrible. thats not an excuse though, our trucks are just slow.

:p
i know what you mean man... i was in the same temps/humidity range.....

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
sucks bro. just wait 'til "winter" if we can even call it that. that way you dont disappoint yourself as bad as in the middle of a hot summer. ;):lol:
haha... actually its been pretty cool out the past few days though still humid as F im sure... but i cant wait too long to hit the track because ill be starting the turbo kit soon... (mach up has been started already)

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
haha... actually its been pretty cool out the past few days though still humid as F im sure... but i cant wait too long to hit the track because ill be starting the turbo kit soon... (mach up has been started already)
13's here you come :)

Good luck with that shit dude... :355:

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
13's here you come :)

Good luck with that shit dude... :355:
haha thanks man...hopefully high 12s though but we will see

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
2006 5 cyl crew cab

Qrt 15.44 @ 89.7 mph

1/8th 9.98 @ 72.1 mph

60ft 2.22
What were all the mods you had when you ran that time? That's probably lowest CC 3.5L time I've seen yet, good job. :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
I sure wish little blue would do 1.77 60fts, but anyway here's my mod list

Stocker tune
fabbed air intake/modded air box
Ported tb
Gutted/ported ex manifold
3in exhuast

I have installed e-fan and finised my tb mod and am working on a new intake pipe. will be hitting the track with these new mods soon.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I have two questions.

1) What gains did you see in your time/mph from the 3" exhaust?

2) What did you use to fill the lip on the back side of the throttle body?

Your times are definitely impressive for the amount of mods you've got. It makes me wonder how much of a gain I'll see from a re-tune.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts