Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently started looking into power adders for my 2009 canyon v8, ive seen two companies make 1.9l bolt right in kits but they are 6,000$. i found a 2.3l kit (for full size trucks) for 2600$... what gives??? will this not fit? i kno it produces more power but cant you limit it?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Ive recently started looking into power adders for my 2009 canyon v8, ive seen two companies make 1.9l bolt right in kits but they are 6,000$. i found a 2.3l kit (for full size trucks) for 2600$... what gives??? will this not fit? i kno it produces more power but cant you limit it?
Well.....with the $3400 savings, I'm sure you can tailor fit that 2.3 to your 5.3.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
the 2.3 is for bigger engines. you can just turn down the boost, bigger pulley.
if it fits Cathedral heads. it mite be for square ports. what make and manf ?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i contacted whipple and they just said they have not test fit there systems on my vehicle so they are unsure about fitment, i am waiting for a response from andys auto because they list it as an option..

·
pssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
1,999 Posts
Looks like it should fit, my question would be, does it come with bigger injectors? you will also need it tuned, which is probably the difference in price. the $6000 one may include all of that for a install and ready to run application.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not that im aware of... ive only been searching v8

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i guess i couldnt see injectors and a tune being 3400$, if the casing is bigger maybe a little fab work and a new hood.. but having greater potential to make a lot more horsepower and a ton less money..

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts

·
1,999 Posts
i guess i couldnt see injectors and a tune being 3400$, if the casing is bigger maybe a little fab work and a new hood.. but having greater potential to make a lot more horsepower and a ton less money..

Yea, if it came with it, it be a hell of a deal. Maybe the 6000 one comes with more? Idk....but injectors cost from 500-1000, depending on what you get, probably wouldn't need much bigger ones depending on the level of boost you planning on running.

Tune, depends on who you go with, but dyno tunes are usually in the 400+ range...

So I say the whipple is would be the best choice, the cost would more than make up for any fabbing you would have to do.

Also, if you haven't already, look at Hotrado (i think that's right), he has a supercharger on his 5.3

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
according to magnuson, they use the same system same model number for the full size and the canyon .... im guessing it would be the same...?

·
1,999 Posts
The only difference I would see from the full size to ours is the intake tube length. They have more room under the hood, so the full size one is probably longer? But that's not a big deal, that would be a easy fix, or simply get your own tube.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here is an update i found on magnusons website..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
right size blower for the engine... as we have all seen with hotrado these are easily capable of making far north of 500rwhp.. no sense in getting a 2300 that can not outperform the 1900 where it actually counts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts