Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of colorados that say they have a 1 inch body lift. I was wondering if that is custom or they have a kit. Cause the only body lift i have seen is a 3 in.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Its custom, im going to be doing it hopefully this friday!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are u going to use as ur spacers?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Hockey pucks. I believe I have a How-To on here.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
2.75" diameter aluminium stock. Cost me 4 dollars a piece at Metal Mart. The metric bolts were criminally priced. Think they were 100.00. But all in all I have a total of 3 inches of lift for less than 200.00. and that can't be beat.
When I had my Jeep I had new poly body mounts that were molded 1" taller. They were great because you had to look really hard to tell if it had a body lift.

·
Registered
202 Posts
2.75" diameter aluminium stock. Cost me 4 dollars a piece at Metal Mart. The metric bolts were criminally priced. Think they were 100.00. But all in all I have a total of 3 inches of lift for less than 200.00. and that can't be beat.
When I had my Jeep I had new poly body mounts that were molded 1" taller. They were great because you had to look really hard to tell if it had a body lift.
Don't you need the steering shaft extender, bumper mounts and move the radiator? I think I'd buy the kit.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Hmm... Apparently you have to go to the shitty site for the 1" body lift thread. Maryland Metrics will sell you the bolts ( all 12 of them ) for around $25.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Wow 25.00 for bolts. Don't get me going over how much stuff costs on this side of the border. For 1 inch you do not need a steering shaft extension. As for my bumper 1 just used some old 1.5 inch aluminun stock I had for another project. Built a filler panel for the rear as seen in my pics. As for the fan shroud, remove the inner circular piece and bolt it back together. I wanted a little extra cooling insurance so I cut a 3" strip of plastic and bolted it to the bottom half of the shroud to better help flow the air. No issues, a 16 hour highway trip in end July, Canoe on the roof, wife 2 kids, 200 lbs of dogs, coolers, spare 33 tire, coleman stove and so on . Cool as a cucumber.
Look at Performance accesorries instructions, 1 just subtracted 2 inches from their measurements and did it. I have put body lifts on at least a dozen trucks, and found this to be 1 of the easier ones for sure. If you PM me, I will give you my no. and I can talk in much more detail. Its a pretty easy job once you cover the bases.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I just lifted the bed today before it started raining. Real easy! just make sure you got a friend to lift the bed for you.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I just stuck a bottle jack on top of the tire and that did the trick. For the cab I put the jack on the ground and found a reinforced spot so I wouldn't bend the floor.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I just stuck a bottle jack on top of the tire and that did the trick. For the cab I put the jack on the ground and found a reinforced spot so I wouldn't bend the floor.
On the bolts of the cab how did you get the rubber off? or did you not do it all? Also how did you keep the cab aligned?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
On the bolts of the cab how did you get the rubber off? or did you not do it all? Also how did you keep the cab aligned?

I did one side at a time and made damned sure it didn't move.

To get the rubber off - put the thing in a vise with the thread end up and the vise open just enough for the bolt head to fit - then beat the hell out of it with a hammer.

·
Registered
839 Posts
sweet, thanks rangerbob i will get to that today!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
If you have a torque wrench, torque them down it will help keep eveything lined up to factory spec, then redo them a few days later. Loctite isn't such a bad idea either.
Enjoy that extra inch, what size are you running?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts