Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on the other site and found it pretty interesting.

A 10" suspension lift for the Colorado/Canyon

Wholesale Suspension Outlet

I also emailed the company to find out more about the kit. I will post up the response IF I receive one haha.

I am not sure if this kit will fit the Z71 torsion bar suspension or if it is for the coil over suspension of the Z85. I certainly hope it does, or at least it can replace it haha.

We will see....

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Interesting... That looks like a Z71 in the pics but don't hold me to it.

Only problem with that Colorado are those wheels are too freaking small.

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
fucking badass...i can go bigger. Those are torsion bars...which means....Im going taller...

Z

·
0 Posts
Eh, i dont know. Its gonna take a hell of alotta tire to make it look normal. You may have to go so large that it'll rub the fenders.

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
you can pull it off....but its gonna cost alot of money. They want 2700 for the kit. Then you have to figure new tires and rims...before you know it 5500$ to do the lift. Ill stick to the 4" on after thought.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
I think thats a little ridiculous. 10" is way too much for our trucks. Personally 5" is as high as I'd go.

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
I think it looks bad ass!!

BUT ONLY, if that shit underneath is not blue, and it needs MUCH bigger tires

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:shrug: Maybe...

As I said, I emailed them with several questions, a couple being about max tire size and torsion bar/coil over setup.

Hopefully I will get a response sometime soon.

Oh and it does look pretty gay in the pics because of the tire combination they have with it. They look like they might be 33s, but not positive on that.

I say get all the shit under the frame powder coated black, add some side steps to hide more shit, bigger tires, and get rid of the lower chin valance and it would look great...

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's funny. A ton of people LOVE 4-5" lifts with a 3" body lift and 35s... Now people say that the 10" lift is gay haha...

If done right this will look killer I think haha.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
:shrug: Maybe...

As I said, I emailed them with several questions, a couple being about max tire size and torsion bar/coil over setup.

Hopefully I will get a response sometime soon.

Oh and it does look pretty gay in the pics because of the tire combination they have with it. They look like they might be 33s, but not positive on that.

I say get all the shit under the frame powder coated black, add some side steps to hide more shit, bigger tires, and get rid of the lower chin valance and it would look great...
That may be what it needs. As it sits though. No thanks.

Z

·
0 Posts
It's funny. A ton of people LOVE 4-5" lifts with a 3" body lift and 35s... Now people say that the 10" lift is gay haha...

If done right this will look killer I think haha.
because at some point a lift on a stock-ish vehicle goes from weekend wheeler to mall wheeler. On our trucks it seems like 5" is about the limit.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
True, but I was looking through some of their random pics submitted by customers and it showed these types of kits actually being used.

That was yet another question I asked haha. Whether or not this kit was built for ground clearance to clear rocks and mud, or just to show off the pretty suspension haha...

And I like the term Mall Crawler... it sounds meaner hahaha :lol:

Z

·
0 Posts
True, but I was looking through some of their random pics submitted by customers and it showed these types of kits actually being used.

That was yet another question I asked haha. Whether or not this kit was built for ground clearance to clear rocks and mud, or just to show off the pretty suspension haha...

And I like the term Mall Crawler... it sounds meaner hahaha :lol:
I've always been a fan of mall wheeler. It makes me think of someone with a big F250 on 40s tackling the "trails" that surround my local mall.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts