Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just arrived at 100,000 miles on my 2011 Chevy Colorado with the 3.7 5-cylinder engine. My only issues have been:

• a frayed wire caused an electrical malfunction, sending the truck into low-power mode, at around 60,000 miles.
  • fuel pressure sensor went bad around 80,000 miles
  • the frame is very rusty from the Massachusetts winters

Other than this, the truck has just required general maintenance.

How many miles do you have and what issues have you had?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
2009 2.9 Inline 4 auto tranny 2WD Z85 suspension, 60K miles passlock sensor replaced.
aside from that the truck has been the best truck in the family so far

·
2 timer
1,437 Posts
Let's see, went 183,000 on the old truck with only routine maintenance and having the dealer fix the pass lock issue and look into a P0017 code. It was a 2009 standard cab WT with the Automatic transmission as it's only option (bought it new in 2009).
Currently have 28,500 on the 2012 I bought last January. Basically the same truck, just a lot newer and more fun to drive. It has a better radio...lol

·
Registered
647 Posts
I just arrived at 100,000 miles on my 2011 Chevy Colorado with the 3.7 5-cylinder engine. My only issues have been:

• a frayed wire caused an electrical malfunction, sending the truck into low-power mode, at around 60,000 miles.

Your truck now qualifies as a Chevrolet Truck Legend . Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Car seat cover

·
2 timer
1,437 Posts
Only a legend if you bought it new.....that said, it is a legend.

·
Registered
3 Posts

06 canyon with I-5 and have over 177,000 miles! The only issue we have had is a water pump and general maintenance. Oil, trani, and services done on regular basis.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 05 Z71 Colorado I5 4X4 now at 199,850 miles. No major issues at all. Replaced radiator, water pump and T'stat this year. Last 2 years new rotors and drums. Engine and tranny good guess I got a good one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2009 H3 WITH 3.7L 5-cylinder engine, bought new, 210,000 miles, 3RD TRANSMISSION!, same engine, typical emissions parts replacement, both front wheel bearings. typical codes thrown, still going strong (knock on wood).

·
Registered
92 Posts
09 v8 4x4 with 118k, replaced front rotors and pads at 86k miles, replaced rear drums and shoes at 87k miles, replaced radiator due to top weld leak at 93k miles, replaced OEM muffler for v8 sound at 45k miles, replaced OEM exhaust tip with dual SS tip, replaced heater & A/C plug common trouble at 50k miles, and front and rear shocks at 110k miles. And regular fluid maintenance with rear end, transaxle, and engine oil changes at required mile change per the manual.
All work by me. Recall for OEM brake booster plug by GM.
Installed rear bed side caps since I scratch the top rails hauling stuff. Also blacked out the gold tie with carbon fiber look tape.

Runs like new!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts