Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Yes with plenty of room. You could most likely fit 32"s as well with 2 inches considering I know people have stated they have squeezed 33's with somewhere around 3-4" of lift.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
A 10.5" wide wheel for a 10.5" tire?
Not a wise move. Look at the tire manufacture website and see what they recommend for a wheel width.

That wheel is way too wide.

What truck are you driving again? 31's are probably fine, but depends on what truck you are driving. And what is your 2" lift....2" rear shackles or a 2" front lift?

Lastly, that combination will set about 3" further out than a standard Z71 combination.

·
Registered
992 Posts
A 10.5" wide wheel for a 10.5" tire?
Not a wise move. Look at the tire manufacture website and see what they recommend for a wheel width.

That wheel is way too wide.

What truck are you driving again? 31's are probably fine, but depends on what truck you are driving. And what is your 2" lift....2" rear shackles or a 2" front lift?

Lastly, that combination will set about 3" further out than a standard Z71 combination.
Yea I didn't notice the wheel to tire width ratio. I have a 10.5" wheel for tires that are 12.5" wide if that tells you anything. I was just assuming no matter what truck he would be driving that 2" would clear a tire that could almost fit stock on most trucks.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
My only concern is that he has a base model 2wd which has like a 27" tire. I don't know if 31's will fit with that vehicle and a 2" coil spacer.

That 10" wide with 4" backspace just sounds like all kinds of wrong for these trucks though, with a small tire. I don't think I'd install those on my truck.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Please provide any information about your suspension that you can.

4x4 or 2x4. Off road edition or Z85. Work truck? ZQ8 sport truck.

How much front end lift.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Crew cab z85 bone stock. Have 1200 to spend and trying to get a lift and some wheels and tires on that budget. I found the a deal on Craigslist on some wheels and tires from an nissan xterra 15x10. 5 with 31" tires but I think I am going to pass on those. I want an aggressive wheel and tire setup.

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
Not gonna fit 33's unless you have 5 inches front lift

·
Registered
634 Posts
Dude I have a 2wd with two inch lift coils and shackles. I have 31x10.5x15s. I have those tires on stock Z85 rims too. Mine have been on for idk maybe a year or longer. I made a thread on it though. Everything is fine no obnoxious rubbing. I do rub at a full lock out going left or right. Only at full lock though. Quick fix is make it a 4pt turn instead of 3pt.

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
3 inch lift spindles to fit those. Maybe a little rub depending on backspace but I doubt it.

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
33's with 3:42s will be a bad combo

1 - 20 of 29 Posts