Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if a 16 inch rim will clear the brakes of my colorado. It has the stock 17 inch chrome rims but i was looking into getting the american racing AR23 but the biggest rim size is 16 inches. Does anyone know if they will clear the brakes on the truck. I looked at the clearance on them now and it seem like they will fit but I wanna double check here and see if anyone has gone a size down on the V8's. I was looking at the ZQ8 trim and to my understanding a 16 inch does fit but im not sure of they fit on the Z71. ANy help is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
The factory spare tire on the 4x4 Z71 V8 trucks was a 16” wheel.

Reactions: Ferny_21

·
Registered
78 Posts
downsizing rims saves weight + tyres are cheaper a win-win deal!!. my 2001 jetta was 16" stock, but i ran 15's with taller winter tyres + used 17's with lo profile performance rubber. to keep the speedo correct you need a similar OD with your combo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
downsizing rims saves weight + tyres are cheaper a win-win deal!!. my 2001 jetta was 16" stock, but i ran 15's with taller winter tyres + used 17's with lo profile performance rubber. to keep the speedo correct you need a similar OD with your combo.
Yeah I ended up buying a 16 inch rim with tires that will give me the same OD of 31.6"

·
Registered
2010 Colorado 2lt Crew Cab Z71 Off Road 4x4
16 Posts
I also have a V8 Z71 4x4 Colorado and was wondering about rims. What size tire, rim width and back space did you get and could you post up some pics please?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also have a V8 Z71 4x4 Colorado and was wondering about rims. What size tire, rim width and back space did you get and could you post up some pics please?
The rims I got are AR23 American Racing Rims and they are 16x8 and they have a 4.5 BS. As for tires I got 265/75/R16 KO2. With this setup the wheel diameter is 31.6" which is the same as stock so they should fit with no problem. The only difference between this setup and the stock setup is that the tire I got has a smaller width than the stock ones. They are still not installed but when they do get installed I'll be sure to post a few pics.
I was thinking of putting a 285/75/R16 (32.8") tire but I was not sure if it would fit.

·
Registered
2010 Colorado 2lt Crew Cab Z71 Off Road 4x4
16 Posts
I was looking at the 285/70R17 for my stock rims but I have no lift and it looks like it might be a tight fit when turning. I wasn't sure if moving the rim out alittle would cause any turning issues. I would love to get some lip on the rims.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
My 2010 Colorado CC 4x4 Z85 V8 came factory with 16 inch rims. Widest tire I ran was 255/70r16 with no rubbing. The factory rims (chrome 6-spoke style) were only 6.5 inches wide, if I remember correctly. Have since gone to an 8 inch wide wheel also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts