Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crew cab two wheel drive z85 with 3" LCA and block in back. Switching from the stock 15 to Silverado 17 and looking for suggestions on tire sizes. I can get a set of 215/55/17 on the cheap but I'm worried I'll have too much ghetto gap between the rubber and the body. What are others running?

Thanks for the input!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Nipple
6,350 Posts
that's a skinny ass tire.... Sure you didn't type that in wrong? I don't know what the width of silvy 17's are, but my guess is that 215's are too narrow for that rim...

Check my sig for potential ideas/solutions.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
You didn't mention having the knowledge so I'll remind you that you need to have the wheels bored or you'll have to use wheel spacer to fit the wheels to your truck.

What size tires do you have on now?

I would encourage you to investigate the wheel width of the 17's you're looking at. Depending on the width, a 215 tire may be too narrow for the factory wheel.
First, go to the website for the tire you're looking at and see what the approved wheel width is. Then confirm the stock GM wheel is not wider than the approved width of the tire.

A 215 is very narrow for a full size option leading me to think the wheel is going to be too wide.

·
Nipple
6,350 Posts
That doesn't automatically agree that 215's will fit on your 17's. Your rim is suggested to be between 6-7.5". If you have an 8" wide rim, they may not mount it because your tire is too narrow for the rim. Plus you may wear them out faster than if you had the proper sized tire on to begin with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts