Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a 2012 GMC Canyon crew cab 4x4 w/5.3 and wanted a better sound. I went with an aero turbine 3030, my original plan was to just swap mufflers. Well the guy at the shop thought it'd be better if I sized up to 3" pipe from the 2.5" it had. So basically he cut it off right after the y and went 3" from there back and dumped it like was from the factory so instead of a muffler swap I basically got a cat back exhaust. I'm no mechanic or anything and I was just wondering if doing this was indeed the best decision? I like the sound and everything feels as it did before other than it's louder now which I like but should I have just stuck with the 2.5" or was the move to 3" the better idea? What could be or are the pros/cons of the 2.5" vs the 3" and etc? Thanks for any info you guys may be able to shed on the topic!

Juan

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
True duals would of been best I'd think with 3" piping. That wasn't a bad choice I don't believe.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
3" is good for a single 2.5 for duals.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cool, not much of a duals fan so I opted for the factory looking turn down just short of the rear bumper... Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts