Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2.8 is blown up and I want a bigger engine for my 05 colorado, what would be my best option without going through too much trouble and what would i need

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would you have information on what i would need to make the swap? besides the motor lol im kind of a begginer here and im looking to make the swap in less than a month but i cant find any info helpful thats why i come to 355 ha

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
harness, complete motor(coils, injectors,etc), a fuel rail from a 3.5L(if you have an 06 you will need the 3.7L rail, one is returnless one is not) and pcm if you don't have a tuner local to you that can flash yours to the 5 cylinder os. Other than that it's all the same

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just made the 2.8-to 3.5 swap.

You´ll need
PCM
3.5 Harness
The air intake tubes from the donor are neccesary too.
The plastic around the fan is different, i´m running without it, but in hotdays i have to worry about it

Any other things are plug&play, even the exhaust bolts fits perfectly. Is the easiest and fastest swap I´ve ever done.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Are these swaps with auto or manual transmission ???

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Are these swaps with auto or manual transmission ???
doesn't really matter. You just have to get the harness and pcm or tune that corresponds to what your truck is. The 4 cylinder clutch is smaller though so you will need a clutch and flywheel if you have a manual 4 cylinder and swapping to the 5 cylinder.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
doesn't really matter. You just have to get the harness and pcm or tune that corresponds to what your truck is. The 4 cylinder clutch is smaller though so you will need a clutch and flywheel if you have a manual 4 cylinder and swapping to the 5 cylinder.
What I kinda thought... Thanks for the info !!!:salute:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts