Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a complete camaro that was tbone engine and trans are perfectly fine what do I need to install this in my 06 canyon

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
first thing is some kind of motor mounts. maybe the V8 adjustable LS mounts ?
look at the Hookers. auto or 6spd ? a good wiring man and schematic's. and a
good fab shop.

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
Why would you put that turd of an engine in a rado? It weighs more and puts out a measly 20hp more than the 2.8L so you will essentially make your truck slower.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My gf dad has modified the engine and is now putting around 500 horse power and I though it would be unique to put something different

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
Custom mounts, someone good with wiring, and the harness, pcm, and trans from the camaro will also be needed. You will run into kinks along the way mainly electrical in mating the colorado gauges and body electrical system to the new motor and pcm. It's doable but it will be a good amount of work.

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
Notice how it got quiet since you threw out the 500 hp fact lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It's still a strange motor even if 500hp. They are known for more issues with the intake gaskets than the 60* v6's and they are also a cast iron block which the newer engines are aluminum.

I'd hate to see how much money he spent to get it to 500hp. It must be fully built and I'm guessing running one of the superchargers made for the grand prix and buicks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes it's running a a grand prix supercharger he says I can get it to go up to around seven if I want to spend about 3000 grand more

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
He himself has a Tacoma with a fwd 3800 supercharger on it with about the same mods on it mounted in the bed custom framework he did himself. Makes fun off all the mustangs and a few corvettes that try and race him then shows off about he only spent 8000 grand building it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts