Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As of now, the turbo kit on my truck is pending sale (I just need to take it off and ship it out). I would like to use this opportunity to develop a budget minded turbo kit for the 2.8 and 2.9 engines. The plan would be to offer an entry level turbo kit that would get the buyer boosting and be easy to upgrade down the road (no additional fabrication required).

I'm starting this thread to document the progress, take suggestions, and gauge interest.

Here's what I'm thinking the kit would include:

***Final Update 4/4/15***

I am building manifolds to order (no kits, sorry). Pricing and ordering instructions here:
http://www.355nation.net/forum/limited-site-vendors/142170-2-8l-2-9l-turbo-manifolds.html

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: 2.8L/2.9L Turbo Kits For Sale (maybe)

I would love to turbo mine. Sounds like u have a great deal here. I but i have an 07 3.7

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

That's awesome Jake I hope u get a lot of interest from people who have the funds
Thanks Tom!

Yeah, I'm selling my current kit to build another one. I like to tinker :)

esknoma23
I would love to turbo mine. Sounds like u have a great deal here. I but i have an 07 3.7
I wish I could help, but I don't have a 5 cylinder to build from.

·
5,959 Posts

I would take it and forget about my 3.5 swap. Let me know when its avaliable! Saving money now

Edit: like litteralyy bro ive been driving my bros vw mk4 golf gti 5 speed running 20 pounds of boost and im totally hooked!!!!!!!!!
I would luv to use this kit in the autox

·
Registered
96 Posts

I'd be in for one

·
Registered
2,077 Posts

My 2.8 is about to come out and is being replaced with a 2.9. I'd love to spend the extra $1000 and have a little toy to play with

·
Registered
2,077 Posts

It's only as reliable as the person you have tune it. You can only run 1lb of boost and kill the motor with a bad tune. Same motor with a good tune could run 20lbs and last 200,000 miles.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Looks like we've got a fair bit of interest!

I edited the first post. There is now an "Option 1" with an off brand turbo (good for about 8 psi and 300hp) and an "Option 2" with a Turbonetics turbo (good for 15+psi and 400+ hp). I've decided to go with an internal wastegate setup on both since it will greatly decrease the amount of fabrication I have to do. There shouldn't be any difference in power between a good internal gate and a good external gate (they do the exactly the same thing).

It will be a few weeks before I am able to start working on this project. There are a couple projects that I need to get out of my garage first. I'll continue to edit this thread with new ideas and better details as things get rolling.

I'll keep you guys updated on the progress when it starts.

1 - 20 of 221 Posts