Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no problem with the 2.8l But it just hit the 100,000 mark 3,000 miles ago and later down the road I know ill need a to do a rebuild... But I rather just drop in a 2.9l.... Start fresh.

·
SharkBite
3,316 Posts
Hes just referring to the price your gonna have to pay for the 2.9, you would be better off paying almost the same price for a 3.7. I realize your not looking for more power, but you have many more engine upgrades for a 3.7 than a 2.9, IMO.

·
MTS Crew!
4,934 Posts
The friction disk and pressure plate are different sizes in the manual trans between the I4 and I5.

http://www.355nation.net/forum/i4-i5-engine-drivetrain/23989-manual-transmission-bit-dust-again-5.html#post614770
I hate being the one experimenting, but just for future reference... A 4 cylinder clutch is over 1" smaller diameter smaller than a 5 cyl clutch and the flywheel is drilled completely different.

Now to find a used 5 banger clutch on eBay... yeah right.

Anyone wanna buy a very slightly used clutch for their 4 banger.... cheap? :)

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
There is one 3.7 out there that has a 5 speed behind it. I don't remember who but it was a long time ago.

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
If you're motor is fine I wouldn't even be worrying about this. Its gonna be the same as swapping a 3.7 in place of a 3.5

1 - 20 of 56 Posts