Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 with the 2.9 and the trans is done for, i bought a wrecked 04 with a 3.5 to swap motor and trans, is there anything special i need to buy or do? P.s. im very new to the website and swaps but i know my way around a motor an such. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
pretty sure the engine is not a good match. big difference in ECM/BCM/PCM and sensor set-up between the 2012 and 2004. just GUSSING, you would pretty much need to swap entire engine bay wire harness and interior harness plus the dash instrument cluster itself. now the trans should be a straight swap. not sure how you would address the Stabila-trac system and fuel management ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pretty sure the engine is not a good match. big difference in ECM/BCM/PCM and sensor set-up between the 2012 and 2004. just GUSSING, you would pretty much need to swap entire engine bay wire harness and interior harness plus the dash itself. now the trans should be a straight swap. not sure how you would address the Stabila-trac system and fuel management ...
Okay, a friend of mine said i could change out the belhousin an the 3.5 trans would bolt up to the 2.9

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
A good running 3.5L is hard to come by, you may do well by reselling it

Reactions: 442_Mike
1 - 5 of 5 Posts